Colt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Man, I’m really sorry... I get so attached to my “four legged” kids... I know the feeling... wish you all the best... blessings...

·
Registered
201 Posts
It always saddens me the day I hear somebody lost their dog. Dogs definitely man’s best friend and the proof is in the pudding I submit this for your approval. Take your dog and your wife and lock them in the trunk of your car come back an hour later and see who’s happy to see you.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
So here I sit on the couch with the tablet in my lap reading post about dogs. Gus is 8 months now and he jumped up on the couch facing away from me then falls backward into my lap knowing I will catch him and give him the scratching and petting he wants. It's like he knows I love the attention too. It's those times I realize I just won't live without a dog.

Jim

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So here I sit on the couch with the tablet in my lap reading post about dogs. Gus is 8 months now and he jumped up on the couch facing away from me then falls backward into my lap knowing I will catch him and give him the scratching and petting he wants. It's like he knows I love the attention too. It's those times I realize I just won't live without a dog.

Jim
Wow, I'm all choked up again.
Max did the trust fall thing knowing it would result in some quality ear scratching and belly rub.
Damn this is tough. IMG_20200220_201641_082_1582488487154.jpg

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

Jim
Me either.I just lost my dog 4 months ago & I still can't write about it on here,but I have adopted another dog that needed me as much as I needed her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s tough to lose a furry friend; my condolences. My dog passed about 15 years ago, and I don’t think I could do it again unfortunately (a looong fight with cancer made it a tough last few years).

Warm regards, and remember the good times!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my little dog, Squirt, to kidney failure at age 10 but his brother, Barney is doing great at age 15 1/2. I'm also a believer in puppy breath. A new dog doesn't diminish memories of your old dog and I expect Max would want to pass his good fortune forward. :)

Barney and Squirt had been together every day of Squirt's life after he moved in at age of 8 weeks. Barney went into deep mourning/depression when Squirt passed and stayed in his cave under the bed most all the time. We got him (us) a puppy and within a week B was running and playing like he used to.

Rod, your post made my day! :D

Squirt in his prime

Barney and Spiffy Rose

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
This was my mother's vicious Rottweiler. My parents lived in the middle of nowhere, Oklahoma. No neighbors in sight and at the end of a dead end road. We worried about Mom after we lost my Dad. One thing that made us a bit more at ease was her guard dog, Heidi. The first time we went to visit Mom, this is what we found. Her guard dog was on the front porch nursing orphaned kittens.

IMG_20200226_102445016.jpg

·
Registered
481 Posts
My biggest heartbreak ever. She was a very loving baby. It's been just over a year and we will find another sweet baby later this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
With one of his favorite pieces, a 3 inch 66

Next, not sure where he was cruising, probably to find some female

Lastly, his softer side; him and Ducky Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
We've always had Australian Shepherds and have been pleased with them.
Always beside you, protective, intelligent and just plain good company.
Our remaining Aussie, Jazz, is coming around after a week and starting to act normal again. I'm sure by the Summer we'll adopt a buddy for him.
Here's a pic of Mickey, Max and Jazz (left to right) two years ago. One remains. 20150131_063852_1582885136459.jpg

41 - 60 of 63 Posts