Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Since very recently the proud owner of a Colt Peacekeeper. I do know that they were manufactured from '85 till '89 I'm just curious about the "exact" year of manufacturing and if possible the month?

Serial: 681xxV

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I will take a guess at 1986, but all serial numbers stopped in 1985 with 44282V and no data published after that. Expensive for you, but a call to Colt may give you the date.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
But a call to Colt with the full serial and a subsequent posting wouldn't be expensive for us, would it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Better yet, you could email to [email protected] and ask!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
armes de poing, I made the call to Colt for you and your Peacekeeper was made in 1987. HTH

Always happy to help a Dutchman as I am half Flemish. My mom was from Belgium and I still have cousins there that I visit every few years outside of Ostende.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Now I feel like an insti-gator. My daughter drives from Sarasota to attend the Dental Hygiene program at SFCC. How about a free cleaning when they start clinics this year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
A1A, Deal! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just hadn't thot of doing it that way til you suggested it, internet is cheaper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Diamonback for the info and help! I appreciate it very much.

What I didn't mentioned is the fact that the Colt medaillon on the Pachmayr gripper mentions "150". I reckon that it was an 150th anniverary model. Cinda Lapointe from Colt replied by email and says also that he year of manufacturing is 1987.

Colt had probably enough Pachmayr medaillon grips with 150 mentioned on it and used it also for Peacekeeper 1987 production during the big Colt strike. This makes my Peacekeeper somewhat more special.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts