Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this at a gun show today. Looked interesting... It is for a 7.5" Looks well made, needs to be restitched. There are no other markings on the holster other than

Marfa Saddlery Co.
Marfa, Tx.

For those who do not know, Marfa is out near Big Bend in West, Texas. It is were the movie Giant was filmed, also No Country for Old Men.

Holster looks to be older, but not 1800's

Anybody hear of this outfit.

Thanks,
Rambler1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
"Marfa Saddlery Co" was mentioned in a May 17, 1924 El Paso Times newspaper regarding a planned automobile tour.
It is not listed in the 1914-15 Texas State Gazetteer.
I could look further in my Duns, Brads, Etc but the content of the maker's stamp seems to suggest a later holster.

Is this holster for sale?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Marfa Saddlery Co" was mentioned in a May 17, 1924 El Paso Times newspaper regarding a planned automobile tour.
It is not listed in the 1914-15 Texas State Gazetteer.
I could look further in my Duns, Brads, Etc but the content of the maker's stamp seems to suggest a later holster.

Is this holster for sale?

Thanks for the information on the Holster. So it is probably from the 1920s. I bet an interesting time out in Big Bend country.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Marfa-Texas-.jpg Marfa...That’s where they filmed the old James Dean movie “Giant.” Also, the Mysterious Marfa Lights. Went there to see them, but we were disappointed. Really neat part of Texas...like going back in time. If you’re ever headed east across Texas on I-10 and not in a rush, turn south at Van Horn on Old US 90 and go down through Marf and Alpine. You can head back to I-10 at Alpine or stay on US 90 and go down through Sanderson, and visit Langtry...Judge Roy Bean, “Law West Of The Pecos.” then Del Rio to San Antonio. Well worth the time to go out of your way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts