Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the quarterly Michigan Antique Arms Collectors' show today, and actually ran across quite a few 1911's, ranging from a few WWI specimens, up through current production. I came across a seller who was disposing of a lot of his father's handguns. Besides the Colts (1911's, Trooper MKIII, DS, Diamondback), a lot of S&W's (520, 27's, 29's, 14's, 15's, etc), Brownings, Berettas, Sigs, Walthers, etc. He had four 1911's, including a Series 80 GCNM. However, the one that really caught my eye was this Mk IV/Series 80 Enhanced, chambered in .38 Super. It's NIB, and I can't find any evidence of use after test firing. No copper, no recoil marks on the bolt face. I'm assuming that it's post-1991, since all the literature is dated 1991, and the box label looks like 1990's technology.

The serial number is FR207xxE. I'm calling Colt Monday for the manufacturing date, but if anyone can identify it before then, I would be very appreciative.

It's going to get a good cleaning and lube; and then it'll be off to the range.

Reactions: dwill3015

·
Registered
103 Posts
A relative has one very similar to yours, FR203xxE which was made in 1997. Really lik 38 super and the enhanced features. The grips, trigger and mainspring housing seem different than factory (blacK rubber wrap around with the emblem, plastic and arched) for the enhanced models from that time period though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.