Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong section and not movies. The best Cisco kid was Gilbert Roland. I have the set of four films he made as Cisco. His second sidekick was Chris Pin Martin as "Pancho". He's the guy who ended every sentence with, "I THEEEENK". But check out his guns and holster. He packed a pair of blue/hard rubber 7 1/2" Model 1878s in a double Lawrence jockstrap rig. The guns are more obvious in the films since he draws them a lot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jesus, that guy has some big hands. He makes that 6 shooter look like a kids cap gun !

Sorry if this is the wrong section and not movies. The best Cisco kid was Gilbert Roland. I have the set of four films he made as Cisco. His second sidekick was Chris Pin Martin as "Pancho". He's the guy who ended every sentence with, "I THEEEENK". But check out his guns and holster. He packed a pair of blue/hard rubber 7 1/2" Model 1878s in a double Lawrence jockstrap rig. The guns are more obvious in the films since he draws them a lot.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a very un- PC pic.

Cigarettes, six guns, and beer.

Great! :)
Not only that, but when he went into saloons he always asked for a shot of tequila, lemon (not lime), and salt. and he would tip his hat and rest his lit cigarette on his ear while he took his shot. Most b western guys drank milk. In the first film Gilbert Roland carried a 7 1/2" nickel-ivory Bisley and he shot to kill. After that he switched to the gun pictured and only shot guns out of guy's hands. He'd still drink and smoke in front of kids at the movies, but only wounded bad guys now.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
"Asked for a shot of tequila, lemon (not lime), and salt. and he would tip his hat and rest his lit cigarette on his ear while he took his shot. Most b western guys drank milk. In the first film Gilbert Roland carried a 7 1/2" nickel-ivory Bisley and he shot to kill."

Damn a genuwine hard case! Like to see that- have to look for a dvd!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
Gilbert Roland was one of the really great character actors. Matt, thanks for posting the photo and information regarding his portrayal.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Gilbert Roland......
I always enjoyed watching his movies, but wondered what those leather things he worn on his wrist were?

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hate to sound picky, but the holster shown is not a "jockstrap" rig.

Bob Wright
I meant "Pancho's" holsters being jockstrap style. You can see them better in the movie linked by Ugly. in the credits for these movies they say "additional dialogue by Gilbert Roland". I read somewhere that his adlib pickup lines to the senoritas were his. Stuff like, "Your hair smells like thee lilies of thee valley", and of course they swoon and melt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts