Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mexcican 1911\'s

greetings to all , can anyone tell me the era when the Mexican federal police were armed with 1911's( or 1911a1's)??
does anyone have one ??
please post or pm or email me , many thanks rj

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: mexcican 1911\'s

I know that Mexico built the Obregon, which was a 1911ish .45 pistol.

I don't know about Colt contracts.

Brian

·
Registered
106 Posts

I hope you understand me because my English is very bad.
The Obregon Pistol is not really a 1911, is was more a Roth Steyr Model 1907 system.
The apearence of 1911 is just external.
Only a few Obregon pistols were produced for the high rank official of the Mexican army.

I don´t know when the Mexican Federal Police adopted the Colt 1911A1 as official pistol.
But probably it was during the president Lazaro Cardenas period (1934-1940).
In this time the Colt 1911A1 was adopted as a official pistol for the Mexican Army and the "Manual de Tiro con Pistola del ejército" was published.
At this time the Mexican Defense competition begun and they were based in exersice of the manual.
During the 80´s the official pistol of the Mexican Army was changed for the HKP7.
The 1911A1 Colt pistol never was produced in Mexico, probably they were imported from USA for the Mexican Army and the policia federal de caminos (Federal Highway Police) and the Policia Judicial Federal.

Anibal.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Up until this president of Mexico(Fox)Mexico was still ordering 1911's from Colt. Upon his election there was an order for approximately 250+or- Government MK4's,Colts model # 02570E in 38 super ready to ship. The Fox administration cancelled and Colt put them on market in US. Colts in 38 Super are coveted by Mexico cops. The more pimped out the better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts