Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a roll of Microfilm from the National Archives. It contains info on the persons stationed at Fort Dodge in the 1880's. Trying to find the owner of one of my Colts. Can anyone help with some way I can scan and read (at home) the info contained on the film? Any ideas???? Jim

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you're near enough to a newspaper office, a lot of them still have microfilm readers and reader/printers. You may also want to try a library, either local public, or at a college or university.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Those machines are disappearing...do you have the film on a roll, or is it in sheets? I have a machine that can read the sheets

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The Morman church is BIG on family genealogy and many have a Family Research Center. They allow anyone to come in and use their microfilm reader. Check locally for a LDS Family Research Center.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tim...I do have a Church locally, can try them. I was hoping someone did it at home and suggest a method..Jim

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would an old slide projector burn up the film?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thinking that the light might be to hot for the film, probably not, however, still have to deal with the magnificatiion issue. Local Library bought a reader that could record the film to a digital/CD medium. A search in your area might provide someone who can/would do that with your film. Not sure what that would cost, library might be cheapest.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gertie, worth a couple of phone calls....Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.