Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first handgun was a 4in Blue Diamondback when I was ten in 1968. I have a guy trying to tade me one, same vintage, same length, and also royal blue for my Sig Scorpion. It looks cherry. I am going to do it of course if the trade goes thru. I am waiting to hear if he has the original box and papers which would be a fantastic plus! Well, no box or papers. What is this gun worth? Finish is truly about 90%, functions excellent. Standard target stocks....???? Should I?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
well my first colt was also a DB in 38 spl. that was my first gun purchase in 1974. so yes I would trade. the sig is a nice gun but I like revolvers more.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to do it based on me seeing the gun in person this week. I have neglected getting rid of my original Diamondback since I did in about 1974, traded it for a Walther PPK in .380, and have ALWAYS wanted another but never had the oppertunity to get one due to INSANE prices in the last ten or so years. Only thing holding me back at all is this dang Scorpion is SUCH a great 1911 and it is one of my daily carry guns. I hope the Diamondback is cherry enough for me to just do it!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, bummer! It is not from 1968, at least the Proof House says the serial is from 1975. What is the difference in what the gun is worth being from the mid 1970s as opposed to the late 60s?

Serial is D780XX

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, bummer! It is not from 1968, at least the Proof House says the serial is from 1976. What is the difference in what the gun is worth being from the mid 1970s as opposed to the late 60s?

Serial is D780XX
Actually it is from 1976. So says Proof House, and Colts serial search in their customer service area.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the deal didn't go thru.

I was ok with the gun, but it wasn't as slick as a fair Python, and it also had no box and papers so wasn't worth more then my Sig Scorpion. plus the other guy (amd I am glad he did) gave me an easy out when he complained abou the finish on the sig which was just re-finished by Sig last month. I was happy he decided to complain and startted talking about money plus my gun so I backed out right away. I am happy I kept the Sig as it is a super shooter and one gun I am happy to CCw every day. Someday I'll find another Diamondback for a deal as I seem to come across them (deals) from time to time!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts