Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Cam, yours was shipped in the order that our member Skysoldier's was in.
Mine shipped to M.I.C. Camp Ritchie, Md. about a month before, on Feb. 25th, 1944. SN 476239

Very nice example.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
What a pleasant surprise for you Cam !! You, sir, are on a roll. That is a beautiful specimen and thank you so much for sharing your good fortune and the revolver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't see the pic (network blocks) so I'll have to look later.

That is my Holy Grail gun! I've spent my adult life (12 years Active Duty and last 6 on the Civilian side) in the Military Intelligence Field. Almost got ahold of one before I left Active Duty, but couldn't get the paperwork sorted out. :(

One day...

Anyone got one they want to part with? ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
dougdeb:

Interesting that you should say that you 'almost got ahold of one' before leaving active duty. They were still in use at least as late as the early 1980s, when I took the agents of the 207th MI to qualify in Germany. All I saw of their revolvers were those with the rounded buttframe. One of them I selected to shoot turned-out to be one of the absolute slickest and most accurate DA revolvers I ever shot: It is one of the few issue arms I handled that I'd gladly have 'misappropriated', if I could have figured any way to do so.
My compadre, Bill, who is an old spook from that era said that he liked the Dick Specials, but hated that the ammo they were issued were target wadcutters (!). I don't know that that was true everywhere, but that is the ammunition we shot in 1982.

mhb - Mike

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
I remember them being issued with M-41 Ball - a full-metal-cased round that was issued to all armed with a .38, and somewhat on the 'anemic' side.

I saw both the round-butt, short-framed versions, the long-frame square butt versions 'and' round-butt, short-frames with long, square-butt grips (which, for some reason, felt great in the shooting hand).

Some were carried by ASA/MI types, and Company types, as well - but much of that stuff was likely off-the-shelf purchase, like the Brownings were.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts