Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across this parked 5.75" Colt M1911A1 barrel with Colt bushing and permanently attached thread device. I put it in my Brazilian contract shooter and it works fine.

Does anyone know anything about it? DSCN6904 (2).JPG DSCN6905 (2).JPG DSCN6906 (2).JPG DSCN6907 (2).JPG

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like it's threaded 7/8x9 for the MAC10/45 Sionics suppressor.
I had one back in the day (1980's), the RPB 1911 adapter replaced the barrel bushing. The suppressor was so heavy, the slide would have to be hand cycled.

·
Registered
9,798 Posts
True, dat...

On the other hand, it's the recoiling slide's operation that makes the most noise, so if the slide stayed forward, it would be similar to firing from a locked breech, and be pretty quiet.

If anything, it isn't a GI-issued threaded barrel - it's an aftermarket barrel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barrel is marked like a Colt late WWII barrel (C in square and P proof), but standard barrels were not long enough for attachment of the threaded adapter.
From what was related to me on another board was that my particular barrel was made by taking a GI barrel (in this case a Colt), boring them out then sleeve-ing them (sort of like a Hi-power barrel), slipping a bushing on, sweating on the thread adapter, crowning, then parking them.....They were threaded 7/8" X 9 took a .45 Mac-10 type can.

Another examples of the same style was made-up using new 6" barrels that Sarco sold.

They were made-up and sold back in the 80s for around $200.00 a pop at gun shows and such.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
You should be able to look at the chamber end to see if it has been sleeved. James Clark did this making his Long Slide pistol barrels by drilling out a standard barrel and sleeving it with a new barrel made from a Douglas blank.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
The left profile picture gave me the impression that the barrel may be two piece or sleeved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts