Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 175 anv SAA 45LC 4.75 inch CCH online, and have owned for a month and noticed that near the address line (left side) there appears to be 2 spots of discoloration under the bluing. I have not contacted COLT Manufacturing LLC to see if they have gotten any reports about this happening on other revolvers yet, wanted to first test waters here.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Check it out - even under a brighter light and magnifying glass. If there is a flaw, they should make it right. I had a problem with a WWI 1911 i got new. They made it good and even paid shipping to return it.

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
A watery, or milky finish can mean a contaminated bluing solution.

Oil is usually the culprit.

The modern S&W Schofield 2000 sometimes had this problem - necessitating a refinish at the factory - but without any 'factory refinish' marking applied.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here ya go.

Roof Rain gutter Metal Revolver Pipe

Fair wind's and following sea's. Preston

·
Registered
140 Posts
Starstorm, Send it back to Colt to have them re-blue the barrel, it should be covered under the warranty !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not a bullet hole, previous owner I think was going to put a hot water spigot in and died before he got chance, I have a cap plug( like you get on the end of a hydraluic hose) that has faded with sun or the cats have pulled out again.
When I started this string it was to inform as many folks a possible about a problem with 175th ANV guns and to take a look at them and not just put them away like I almost did. I would like to thank all for there input and help. Fair wind's and following sea's. Preston

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Thanks starstorm. Hope this gets resolved for you. I have to tell you, that case coloring looks SUPERB!! How is the rest of the gun (wood metal fit, etc)?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
i wouldn't worry about it. nice looking colt saa. sending it back to COLTS and waiting for it, it's just not worth it to me. to me that spot doesn't lessen the value.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I'll buy it if it really bothers you.:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks but took to long to get it in the first place, so do not want to part with it. For dandak I think the fit and finish is out standing. I remember reading that Mr. Doug Turnbull was doing the bluing for Colts custom shop. I called the gentleman that owns the gun store I bought this from and he did confirm that this SAA was a custom order item and the shipping sleeve has the P1840Z code. Here is what the rest of it looks like.
Gun Revolver Air gun Games Revolver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts