Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 175 anv SAA 45LC 4.75 inch CCH online, and have owned for a month and noticed that near the address line (left side) there appears to be 2 spots of discoloration under the bluing. I have not contacted COLT Manufacturing LLC to see if they have gotten any reports about this happening on other revolvers yet, wanted to first test waters here.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Check it out - even under a brighter light and magnifying glass. If there is a flaw, they should make it right. I had a problem with a WWI 1911 i got new. They made it good and even paid shipping to return it.

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
A watery, or milky finish can mean a contaminated bluing solution.

Oil is usually the culprit.

The modern S&W Schofield 2000 sometimes had this problem - necessitating a refinish at the factory - but without any 'factory refinish' marking applied.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not a bullet hole, previous owner I think was going to put a hot water spigot in and died before he got chance, I have a cap plug( like you get on the end of a hydraluic hose) that has faded with sun or the cats have pulled out again.
When I started this string it was to inform as many folks a possible about a problem with 175th ANV guns and to take a look at them and not just put them away like I almost did. I would like to thank all for there input and help. Fair wind's and following sea's. Preston

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'll buy it if it really bothers you.:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks but took to long to get it in the first place, so do not want to part with it. For dandak I think the fit and finish is out standing. I remember reading that Mr. Doug Turnbull was doing the bluing for Colts custom shop. I called the gentleman that owns the gun store I bought this from and he did confirm that this SAA was a custom order item and the shipping sleeve has the P1840Z code. Here is what the rest of it looks like.
Gun Revolver Air gun
Games
Revolver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.