Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 posts and closed from yesterday...am I suprised?? Nope!! Can't hurt anybody's feelings or stir the pot--not even on a gun forum. The left might get pissed. Maybe I should take a knee when I log into the Colt Forum. Just a thought...I'm sorry, to my point, what gauge metal is used in the spring on a pre war Colt Woodsman magazine??

·
Registered
564 Posts
Actually, I did make a valid point in that thread, but it was shut down after 3 responses and 5 hours...
I've been in a lot of gun control arguments. I fail to see the valid point you were making other than some joke about "gunism" and Al Sharpton. To be honest, comments like that don't help our second amendment cause at all.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
When you want to start a discussion it's good to know your audience. While everyone here is involved with guns and some would have a great deal to lose should regulations go crazy, some do not see the right to keep and bear arms is the most important right they have. I think it's the most important right as its the foundation of freedom but in many states it's not seen that way. Folks become offended by the priorities in life so talking about gun control even on a gun board isn't acceptable in a lot of cases.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
When you want to start a discussion it's good to know your audience. While everyone here is involved with guns and some would have a great deal to lose should regulations go crazy, some do not see the right to keep and bear arms is the most important right they have. I think it's the most important right as its the foundation of freedom but in many states it's not seen that way. Folks become offended by the priorities in life so talking about gun control even on a gun board isn't acceptable in a lot of cases.
Amen Brother...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very well said!! I just don't understand why they have to be shut down, just like a gun never goes off on its own, a mouse never clicks on a topic on its own. If you don't wanna participate in the discussion, then don't click on the topic!! Simple as that.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
If topics like this are allowed, pretty soon half the posts on a gun forum end up being these kind of topics. Colt forum is special to me, because I don't have to wade through all the BS topics - I can usually read every post in the Colt forum without picking and choosing. I also love Marlins, but on that forum, I don't know if anyone owns a gun. Just politics and bitching.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Very well said!! I just don't understand why they have to be shut down, just like a gun never goes off on its own, a mouse never clicks on a topic on its own. If you don't wanna participate in the discussion, then don't click on the topic!! Simple as that.
I believe it's because the conversation will allways turn to politics and politics turns nasty. This place is about Colts and the collecting them, there are plenty of places to go talk politics. I talk politics on other sites that allow it but out of respect for the owners here I refrain from it. If you want a gun board that will give you all you want and then some PM me for the site.

This place is peaceful and more to learn than I thought possible and no other site like it. You will enjoy this place as you embrace it as family, Colt forums is like no other.

Jim

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,609 Posts
There are a good many gun forums around and all of them have sections were subjects like gun control and politics can be discussed.

THIS FORUM is a more technical forum on collecting, gunsmithing, and the fine details of Colt firearms.
As above the General Discussion areas of the other forum soon turn into a swamp and quickly get out of hand, resulting in a lot of time needed by the mods to control, hard feelings, banned members, and turmoil that turns many people off and away.

Bottom line, if you want to discuss other topics, there's plenty of forums to do that. There's no reason you can't belong to more than one.
This one just wants to stick to the subject matter the forum was started for.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
There are a good many gun forums around and all of them have sections were subjects like gun control and politics can be discussed.

THIS FORUM is a more technical forum on collecting, gunsmithing, and the fine details of Colt firearms.
As above the General Discussion areas of the other forum soon turn into a swamp and quickly get out of hand, resulting in a lot of time needed by the mods to control, hard feelings, banned members, and turmoil that turns many people off and away.

Bottom line, if you want to discuss other topics, there's plenty of forums to do that. There's no reason you can't belong to more than one.
Well said, Sir!!!!

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts

I believe it's because the conversation will allways turn to politics and politics turns nasty. This place is about Colts and the collecting them, there are plenty of places to go talk politics. I talk politics on other sites that allow it but out of respect for the owners here I refrain from it. If you want a gun board that will give you all you want and then some PM me for the site.

This place is peaceful and more to learn than I thought possible and no other site like it. You will enjoy this place as you embrace it as family, Colt forums is like no other.

Jim
These 2 gentlemen said it all . Thank you .

Have a good evening .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.