Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a minty 70 Series Combat Government....appears to be NIB correct Collet bushing...flat mainspring housing....trigger.....sights....etc.....
What would you pay? No box or papers but an honest 99% gun

·
Registered
488 Posts
They were nice guns, but they're not exactly super-rare nor was their quality control always the best. I've seen quite a few with plum-colored slides and/or machining anomalies on the frames. The only way I'd pay $1400 is if it was absolutely mint with the box and papers and looked like it was assembled on a good day. For a decent one minus the box I'd go $1200 tops.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
They were nice guns, but they're not exactly super-rare nor was their quality control always the best. I've seen quite a few with plum-colored slides and/or machining anomalies on the frames. The only way I'd pay $1400 is if it was absolutely mint with the box and papers and looked like it was assembled on a good day. For a decent one minus the box I'd go $1200 tops.
I always heard they were rare (maybe not super-rare:)). Here is mine. I bought it new and still have the box and papers.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I remember seeing them. I thought they were very logical. I bought a 1978 Gov. and had better sights put on plus a longer trigger and flat MSH, all back in 1978. Also had the barrel throated and the ejection port opened up. I know a lot of people made those changes to Govs (and Commanders) back then.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Oops, forgot value. I never saw them as real collectible and, if you hate the Series 80 you can buy a new Series 70 for a little over $1K and for more money a new WC Gov. for about $1.4K. If you don't care about about the Series 80 safety then there are lots of new choices. For me it would be around $700-$900.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.