Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear of Miroku Colt Clones? I was at the LGS and saw what I initially thought was a Colt. Turned out to be a blued 4" Miroku. Looked like a Colt at first glance including the shape of the cylinder release. I own a Winchester 1892 takedown that was made by Miroku and it is a quality made rifle. Are the revolvers any good?

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I have a Winchester Takedown in .38-40 that was a 2002 Miroku build. The fit and finish are outstanding. I had to do some research on Miroku handguns and apparently they make a few offerings including a DA swing out cylinder .38 Spcl. All that said the only concern I'd have would be availability of replacement parts in the event a failure occurred. Naturally the price point is a consideration.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I had seen a 2 inch 38 Miroku . It looked like a cross between a S&W and a Colt, had a Colt style thumb latch. I have a Browning 92 and a Winchester 92 ,both Miroku. Excellent rifles. The Browning is the slickest 92 ever . Would be interesting to see Miroku make Colt clones, problem is they would not be cheap, but they would be made. Could see them doing a Woodsman ,22 Diamondback, maybe classic series old da revolvers. Just a thought. Before you say it can't be done ,an FFL friend of mine showed me a Chinese catalog around 15 yrs ago. Showed their copies of every prewar Colt auto and post war Woodsman as well, 1911s. looked pretty good

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
When I was in Tokyo many years ago, 1959 or so, I saw an over/under shotgun for a very good price. We joked about being able to read the beer can labels in the bore, insinuating the guns were cheaply made.

Come to fine out later they were the same company who made the Winchester 101 shotguns. And had passed up a very good bargain!

Bob Wright

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I've owned several Winchester and Browning shotguns mfg. by Miroku - Very well made guns. I currently have a Browning M-92 in .357 that I like a lot. I would expect the Miroku revolver to be high quality.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had a 4" Miroku in 38 special that looked a lot like a S&W.Bought it for $75 since neither the seller or I knew anything about it. It shot fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please post any pics that you have of your Miroku pistols/revolvers.I've seen several of their rifles and a few shotguns but I've never seen (or heard of) a Miroku handgun.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Here's a snubbie, though they made a four inch barrel variant. I've seen them around gun shows and worked on a couple. The two I worked on went bang when I test fired them and left me with all my fingers.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I have been shooting, a Miroku-Winchester 45 Colt in Cowboy action since 2000 with a M-92 made in 1998 even though the current issue of the American Rifleman seems to insinuate that they came out in 2009 (Nov. pg. 67 A Winchester Timeline)thousands of rounds. Replaced the extractor after 7years. I can't really accept a round barreled Miroku-Winchester M-1873 in 357 mag that all the articles are plugging this month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts