Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to move into our new home, but since remodeling is still going on, we are living in our old house. I moved my safe to the new house along with most of the guns. I am now missoing my 3rd Generation Colt with 5 1/2" barrel and Stag stocks. According to my notes, it's in a custom case built by Bill's Cases. I have checked all my wood cases in the safe and it's not there. I have looked around the old house and can't find it there either. This really sucks.
I was going to send the hammer to Bill Fuchs so he could color case harden it.
Wife is going to go through our vehicles to see if it's in one of them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I once misplaced a S&W 29-2 4" for several months. I never knew it was gone. When I went to get it, it wasn't there. I turned the house inside out looking for it. Then I remembered the last time I had it out. I had hauled some stuff in the farm puckup and dropped the gun in pancake holster in the door pocket. There it was. Even though the truck is parked outside, no harm was done.

Sure hope you find it.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Here's a story that 's funny.
My friend and neighbor had a P-38 in the holster and one day he comes over and sort of accused me of taking it. He couldn't remember where he put it. So one day I'm over his place and I look up and his cat was sitting on top of the book / display shelf. So I said : "Hey I found your P-38" Well the cat did, as he had put it on top out of sight and we both forgot about it.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well for consolation I bought a 3rd Gen. Colt in .44 Special with a 4 3/4" barrel from Snidely Whiplash, and a USFA .45 Colt with 4 3/4" barrel from Collectors Firearms. Now have to wait until my dealer gets them.👍

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
When I moved to Texas from New Jersey a few years ago I thought long and hard about transporting my guns safely. Since I am reluctant to let them out of my sight I decided to send the large safe, empty of course, with the movers and the 2 smaller safes went with me in my truck along with all the guns in rugs. All of them, 26 handguns and 3 long guns fit into a large duffel bag that I brought into the hotel rooms each night after driving 11 hours a day. I was going to ship my truck and fly to texas but I figured it would be safer to do it the hard way. It was worth it in the end, and had a nice roadtrip through some beautiful country. Your story reminded me of that feeling I got when thinking about losing one of my guns. I'm sure it is around and like others have stated if you think about where you saw it last that will help greatly. I hope you find it, unless it was stolen you most likely will.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I misplaced a saa several years ago and didn’t have a clue where it went and I hadn’t seen it in months. A week later it dawned on me that I had buried it in a sock drawer when I was interrupted by a “person “ who didn’t need to know about it

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I hid a holster one time and could not remember where i had put it. I looked everywhere in this house looking for it. I had myself convinced it had fallen off my desk into the trash can and was in a land fill somewhere. A year or more later while digging in the freezer for food i found my holster!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I misplaced a saa several years ago and didn’t have a clue where it went and I hadn’t seen it in months. A week later it dawned on me that I had buried it in a sock drawer when I was interrupted by a “person “ who didn’t need to know about it
I did that with an AK with an under folder stock. the bug guy was coming so I folded it up and stuffed in my end table.
Then I started wondering "Where's that AK, I sure hope I didn't loose it."

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I lost a S&W Model 66 for about 3 months. Never said anything to my wife because of expected scorn, head shaking and laughter. She comes out into the garage one day holding my 66 in a gun rug and says "Is there any reason you need this in the bottom of your t-shirt drawer?"

Hopefully yours will turn up in a similar manner.

You guys that are losing guns in your house have too many guns ; )
I beg to differ, Sir! There is no such thing as too many guns. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Did you look up in the ceiling per chance ?
When my younger brother passed away he gave me all of his guns.
Our family has always liked moded 8 & 81 Remington Rifles. He had an 81 in 35 Rem, but the stock was kind of beat up. I didn't have the safe organized that well so I left it leaning against a wall in the TV room. I had the cable company come to fix the cable, and after that I couldn't find it. I looked high and low and was thinking about filing a stolen firearm report with the Police, but hesitated. A few months later I took the rifles out of the safe to clean them and wipe them down. I found that 81 , I forgot I put it in the safe because a stranger was going to be in my house !

Nice SAA , I hope you find it.
Craig in CT

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I lost a S&W Model 66 for about 3 months. Never said anything to my wife because of expected scorn, head shaking and laughter. She comes out into the garage one day holding my 66 in a gun rug and says "Is there any reason you need this in the bottom of your t-shirt drawer?"

Hopefully yours will turn up in a similar manner.

I beg to differ, Sir! There is no such thing as too many guns. ;)
Did you ask her why she was snooping around in your T-shirt drawer 😜?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts