Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy come to me with a new unfired 1911 stainless Custom in a blue custom box.He didn't have a clue what it was worth but would take $750 for it.I was broke.Next guy had a Colt Gold Cup trophy SS shot about 200-300 rds.His wife on the cell phone said she'd found the box at home,,,price was $650.I was still broke.Damn my luck,as cash speaks louder then trades sometimes at gun shows.But I did get the 2 Winchester 1887 lever action shotguns at the end of the show.This weekend gonna try it again.Might have a few hundred to spend this time.It's suppose to be a helluva show.City close to Tulsa,,,where they don't smoke marijuana,,as the song says.I don't think everyone knows about Colt yet.They sure will by the time Wanamacher rolls around though April 1st,,,as I frantically try to get a few extra Colts while I can still aford them.

I notice Bud's Gun Shop is getting pretty low on new Colts too.I found they usually have unbeatable prices,even after you pay for shipping.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I missed out on a cherry 1964 pre 70 .45 govt w/o box. Guy said his dad bought it new, barely shot it. Guy wanted 800, and I had 740 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif He later sold it for 900. Some days you got it, some you don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts