Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to add a Paterson reproduction to my collection but have not run across one in years. Are there any out there available, and are the prices reasonable? I have a Walker, dragoon, 1860 Army, and 1851 Navy but there is an empty spot on the wall.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rock Island Auctions has two Uberti Patersons. Both are with a couple of other repros, but I have bid on a lot with multiple guns, resold what I didn't want, and came out OK.

·
Registered
975 Posts
EMF sells them: 1836 TEXAS PATERSON .36 9"

The Pietta version does not have a built in loading lever, not sure if it include a detatchable one. The Uberti version has a loading lever. I have never owned a Paterson, they seem to get mixed reviews as far as how well they function.

·
Registered
411 Posts
EMF sells them: 1836 TEXAS PATERSON .36 9"

The Pietta version does not have a built in loading lever, not sure if it include a detatchable one. The Uberti version has a loading lever. I have never owned a Paterson, they seem to get mixed reviews as far as how well they function.
EMF has been around a long time as an importer, but I have read things on other BP forums that their shipping costs are higher than other outfits and they prefer to do business via emails and phone calls, but I cannot vouch for that.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/654959413

I know the OP stated that a repro was wanted, but here is a cased original Baby Paterson .28 that might be affordable to some:

;)

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/650519188

Good luck in your quest, Hayes!

(BTW, since our fairly heavy Winter and Spring rains this year, our Hay's Greener (and Taller) than it has been in the last 10 years! :) )

Regards,

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
I found this unfired Uberti a couple of years ago with the original box and
papers/receipts. I'm sure a number of the companies today have good repro's
but I especially like the early Uberti's as the fit and finish seems
first rate, and there doesn't seem to be near as many distracting company
and import marks impressed all over.
DSC06785.jpg
Best of luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Uberti made two versions of the Paterson. One was like Fortibus55’s beautiful example, the later design with loading lever and rounded cylinder.
The other was the earlier design, without a loading lever and having a square-backed cylinder.
Uberti Paterson.jpg

Both versions are closer to the original, especially in the shape of the grip, than the Pietta version, IMO.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing one offered by Colt as part of their black powder line many years ago. It was expensive back then, several thousand IIRC and I wish I would have bought it. I remember looking at it in their catalogue and thinking it was as close as I would ever get to an authentic Paterson. It was highly embellished gold inlay etc. Anyone seen one of these or am I dreaming ? If so, what are they worth today ?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I'm glad to see the '49 - Patterson that you built again. I always thought it was one of the bst, if not the best, project you've showed us over the years.

rayb

·
Registered
127 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing one offered by Colt as part of their black powder line many years ago. It was expensive back then, several thousand IIRC and I wish I would have bought it. I remember looking at it in their catalogue and thinking it was as close as I would ever get to an authentic Paterson. It was highly embellished gold inlay etc. Anyone seen one of these or am I dreaming ? If so, what are they worth today ?
There is one on Gun Broker for min bid of $2300 number 52 out of 100. No box but engraved just like post #11 picture. Been there awhile... no box with it.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/654030242

1 - 20 of 25 Posts