Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
we will discuss options
That really doesn't say anything at all. I don't know if the option would "be buyer beware" or "of course we will have it fixed before we ship".
I believe they should of pulled the listing and fixed the gun or relisted it pointing out that it's a "gunsmith special" or "project gun". This would end any hard feelings. Believe I have been burned before and some sellers really don't care at all. I am in no way implying that this seller doesn't care.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Bill. I just learned from you that you can't end an auction. I had no idea. Maybe they will send it your way for a fix... I hope they fix it before sending it out.

BTW Thanks again for the tip on the clear epoxy to fix my MOP grips. It worked well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Even if the part is replaced it greatly diminishes the value as a collectors piece unless an original matching part can be found. Just putting in another part fixes the gun, but not the value.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
GRI I agree with you and that is a good point however I don't find a well used Commemorative to be a valuable collectors peice. In fact I was watching it as a candidate to use as a donor for a build. This commemorative at least doesn't have gold plated BS & TG.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
It is a used 2nd Gen Comm. for $1200 and change. The NRA guns go from $1000 to $1500 on a good day. Although I bought my last one for $850 on GB a year ago. 10 minute fix to make this gun right, Don't seeing a new firing pin bushing lowering the price/value on that one even a dollar if fixed right. "There is a part missing that makes the firearm unsafe" No question it is late notice on the auction but the winning bidder can back out easy enough just for that reason. Seller can sort it out with GB. No harm, no foul.

Good catch by the way on the FPB being missing. I might not have.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I almost bought in Dec. (very nice possibly unturned and in a presentation case) I bid 1K it sold for $1050 while I was at work. If I could play on the computer while working I would end up spending a lot more money so perhaps it is a blessing that in disguise I have to work at work...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts