Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information on my 45 colt. It has two different serial numbers. One set of numbers looks like they are around 1874 and the other numbers are from 1906. The gun has brass trigger guard and nickel plated handle. The rest of the gun is regular metal color. The gun has ivory handles. Was the miss matching parts normal, any idea why this was done. Was brass normal material on this area weapon. Thanks for any information given. I am a newbie on the forum.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Colt manufactured Single Action Army revolvers never had brass trigger guards or backstraps. Most of the Italian clones did/do. Most Colt percussion revolvers had brass grip frames. Very rarely you may find a SAA that someone has put a Colt percussion revolver grip frame on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colt manufactured Single Action Army revolvers never had brass trigger guards or backstraps. Most of the Italian clones did/do. Most Colt percussion revolvers had brass grip frames. Very rarely you may find a SAA that someone has put a Colt percussion revolver grip frame on.
If I sent you pics of the weapon, would that help determine what I have? The revolver has serial #277xxx and the trigger guard/handle has #3874, this is what looks like brass to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts