Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately there isn't as much info available on old Remington guns as there is on old Colts. I have a Remington New Model (1858) serial number 3129 and would appreciate any information on this gun I can get. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
A photo would be a great deal of help, (I'm no Remington revolver expert) because the serial number you posted doesn't coincide with a Remington, ''New Model'' revolver. That serial number would put the revolver in the ''Old Model'' Army/Navy range. Both were patented 1858, the Old Model being the Remington Beals Model of 1861, the New Model 1863 revolver continued the serial numbers from the Old Model 1861. The New Model 1863 is the one the modern Italian re-pops copy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Unfortunately, there isn't as much info available on old Remington guns as there is on old Colts. I have a Remington New Model (1858) serial number 3129 and would appreciate any information on this gun I can get. Thanks in advance.
Well, about the only way you can ck that # is to join SRS research. He only cks if you join. It use to be free online but when the man who did most of the research, plus unscrupulous dealers used his system to falsely sell their wares, the new owner took t offline & started joining.a requirement. You won't get much from Remington as their records were in such disarray I don't know if they will ever get them straight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts