Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Beautiful type I 1903 hammerless!!! It’s very close in serial number to mine, these little pistols have a remarkable finish on them but they are hard to get good photos of. I’ve tried a couple different times with different lighting to show off the finish unsuccessfully, you did a very nice job showing yours off(y) Thanks for sharing!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
788 Posts
That is beautiful. I especially dig the safety-frame contrast.

I inherited my Grandfather's and then Father's 1908 vintage. It had stunning bluing still but one or both had worn a strange spot to one grip from a belt buckle or the like.

I carried it around the country and internationally enough to make it a guilt-free shooter. When Colt was still trustworthy as to such things, I thought hard about sending it back to them for a blue but reckoned it'd be too nice.

I never saw the plethora of fine, slim carry pieces coming as it has in the last 15-20 years.

· Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Congratulations on an amazing early Hi-Polish M1903 and great photography too! I have been trying to capture the difference in finishes between with two M1903s - a 4 digit c1904 and a later c1904 same year that was re-finished and "K" stamped by the factory somewhere around 1912-1916 (based on the later slide re-stamping). The differences are of course apparent in hand but hard to capture in a photo, with the slightly rougher finish marks of the re done one vs the mirror like surface of the earlier one. Thanks for sharing, Jackson

s/n 5790
Amber Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun

s/n 5790 top & s/n 15230

Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
88 Posts
I am going to try and get better photo's of this but the lightning is not good today. It is my three digit 1903 that is just about NIB.

Cam
WOW!!! That is amazing, that’s one of the nicest 1903’s I have ever seen and a three digit serial to boot. Very impressive I look forward to seeing more pictures, Thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts