Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and dirty pictures until such time as I learn how to take a decent picture :p

I have once again strayed from my revolver obsession when this 1919 Model 1903 .32 somehow wanted me to have her....:eek: . I'm officially declaring a cease and desist from purchasing more Colts and must now concentrate on accessories, ammuntion and cleaning supplies ;)

1919 Colt 1903 32 cal 2 (1024x768).jpg 1919 Colt 1903 32cal (1024x768).jpg

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Quick and dirty pictures until such time as I learn how to take a decent picture :p

I have once again strayed from my revolver obsession when this 1919 Model 1903 .32 somehow wanted me to have her....:eek: . I'm officially declaring a cease and desist from purchasing more Colts and must now concentrate on accessories, ammuntion and cleaning supplies ;)

View attachment 23132 View attachment 23133
It is very easy to quit buying Colts. I know, as I've done it many times.....;)
rayb

Reactions: MtnSpur

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike...I pulled the stocks and am happy to report the frame is A-Okay underneath. Naturally I have to do my OCD cleaning thing ;) . Being new to the 1903 and 1908 I observed the pearls have panels installed with 2 screws each for right and left cutout in the frame to secure them in place. I'm so very "newbie" on what is normal for securing these type of stocks but they are not glued in any fashion; just the screws. Very pleasant heft to these lil fellas and sleek lines. Mr. Browning was a genius.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Very nice indeed. I love the pearls. A word of caution though if you are going to shoot it get a set of standard grips for range time. Pearls are very brittle and may crack under recoil even in a 32.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice indeed. I love the pearls. A word of caution though if you are going to shoot it get a set of standard grips for range time. Pearls are very brittle and may crack under recoil even in a 32.
Yes sir, that's on my "get pretty quick" list. They are in surprisingly good condition with no chips/cracks and I'm not one to tempt fate :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very, very nice. I had one of those follow me home once, also, though not as nice. Make sure you take good care of it and only feed it good ammo.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very, very nice.  I had one of those follow me home once, also, though not as nice.  Make sure you take good care of it and only feed it good ammo. 

·
Premium Member
10,098 Posts
Very nice find. You can never have enough Model M Colts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts