Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About six years ago, my Uncle sold some guns that he had laying around his basement. A good friend of mine bought this pistol from him and later on my Uncle told me that this pistol had belonged to my Grandfather and that he carried it daily in his Doctor's bag while doing his rounds and visiting patients out in the country. If he had told me that when he was selling it, I would have bought it but that was the way my Uncle was, he just mentioned it to me as an afterthought a few years later.
I told my friend that if he ever decided to sell the pistol, that I wanted first shot at it and told him why. A few weeks ago my friend came over and gave me the gun on my birthday and told me it really belonged with me because it had been my Grandfather's. I got a little choked up over that. I remember the pistol when he bought it and if I recall it had maybe about 10% of the original finish left. My friend ended up sending it off to Fords to have it spiffed up and picked up a reproduction box for it also. I have to say that this is the nicest birthday present I've ever received.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
About six years ago, my Uncle sold some guns that he had laying around his basement. A good friend of mine bought this pistol from him and later on my Uncle told me that this pistol had belonged to my Grandfather and that he carried it daily in his Doctor's bag while doing his rounds and visiting patients out in the country. If he had told me that when he was selling it, I would have bought it but that was the way my Uncle was, he just mentioned it to me as an afterthought a few years later.
I told my friend that if he ever decided to sell the pistol, that I wanted first shot at it and told him why. A few weeks ago my friend came over and gave me the gun on my birthday and told me it really belonged with me because it had been my Grandfather's. I got a little choked up over that. I remember the pistol when he bought it and if I recall it had maybe about 10% of the original finish left. My friend ended up sending it off to Fords to have it spiffed up and picked up a reproduction box for it also. I have to say that this is the nicest birthday present I've ever received.

Very Nice! If you get a chance, could you please show us some more detailed pictures of that gem? I was also wondering what the box looks like, and where it came from? Thanks for sharing.
Larry

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Very Nice! If you get a chance, could you please show us some more detailed pictures of that gem? I was also wondering what the box looks like, and where it came from? Thanks for sharing.
Larry
Based on the current thread on repo boxes, it would be interesting to see images of your box and where you obtained. BTW: Nice birthday gift from a thoughtful friend.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Pictures of some of the details on the pistol and of the box as requested. I have no idea where he got the box but I'm fairly certain it was off the internet.
BARgunner, thanks for posting the detailed pictures. In your first picture, I didn't realize that there was a small amount of engraving on your gun.👍 The original owner had it dressed up a bit. Thanks for sharing.
Larry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts