Colt Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,912 Posts
Let us know how it works out.

If needed I can give instructions on how to replace the blade.... it's not hard.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally got around to shooting the 357 today. Benched for groups and zero.
14.2 yds, 3.0 Bullseye, 158 gr LSWC, Fed SP primer and R-P brass. 5 shots touching and strangely I threw one out at 9 o'clock. Shot #4. The 5 shots were 1/2 inch.

Ran the plate rack a few times and some double action rapid at about 12 yds on paper. The paper target was a 3" orange self adhesive. Kept 4 or 5 shots within the 3" circle. Not too bad but no great shakes either. All in all a fun morning.

Vic

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yelp, damn flyer is right and I'm shootin off sand bags for grouping and zero 😁.
You'd think I wouldn't throw one an 1 1/2" left if the other 5 were inside 1/2 inch. I'll give it another go a bit later. Allergies are kickin my ass the last few days. The gun certainly has the potential.
Vic

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Nice gun.

One point: That is a Dual Tone finish. Duotone was the aluminum / black / blue finish found on the first Scout .22 single action revolvers.
You have that reversed. The correct term for the finish of the early 3-5-7 is
Duo Tone. See link for full information.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,912 Posts
We may have gotten the incorrect term for the two-tone 1950's Colt finish.
It may have been dual tone and the "duo-tone" was the finish for the Colt Scout .22 singe actions.

As I said, there WILL be errors on the Colt Fever site. NO ONE knows everything about Colt's and much of what we "know"...we don't.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,559 Posts
Vic. I have had them so long that I rea
Cam
Splendid examples! Number 19 and a nickel as well! Do you recall the acquisition history on either?
I noticed your 6” blued has very dark stocks too.
Vic
Vic

I have had them so long that I don't remember where I got them. Sorry.

Cam.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts