Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in July I purchased a Colt 1903 Model M .32 cal. replacement magazine that was packaged as Colt Genuine Factory Parts manufactured by International Armament Corp./ new production from a vendor at Camp Perry, Port Clinton, Ohio. About the same time I order a 1903 Model M .32 cal. magazine from U.S. Armament, just found time to take them to the range for a test run. A few days I took my 1919 Model M to the range with these replacement magazines and an original Colt magazine. After 100 rounds (50 Prvi Partizan's 71 grain FMJ and 50 Winchester's 71 grain full metal) all three magazines ran like a champ. This short test run with reproduction magazines for my 1903 Model M was more successful that my search for a replacement (reproduction) magazine for my Colt 1908 Model N .25 cal. I tested a Triple K model N .25 cal. magazine and it fail terribly, it's wouldn't feed the first round and I tried it with different ammunition with the same results. Looks like I with stay with original magazines for my Model N, I need to do more testing on the model M replacement magazines, but so far I will purchase more of them.

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
Good report thank you.
I have several (6) magazine from U.S. Armament,
they all run like 100 year old Colt originals.
Most Excellent.
-ei8ht-

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a couple of their magazines and they operated flawlessly. An additional plus for collectors is that new magzines have the printing direction reversed to preclude their marketing as era originals. Commendations to the International Armament Corp. . Regards, Ron

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
This is good news.
The OE mags are getting pricey, and although you can find 'em, they are in fairily short supply.
The day is comin' when the good replacement mags are the norm, and the OE ones are for collecting.......

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Curious as to the cost of the "replacement magazine that was packaged as Colt Genuine Factory Parts manufactured by International Armament Corp./ new production from a vendor at Camp Perry, Port Clinton, Ohio."

If I may be so bold...

Thanks...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious as to the cost of the "replacement magazine that was packaged as Colt Genuine Factory Parts manufactured by International Armament Corp./ new production from a vendor at Camp Perry, Port Clinton, Ohio."if I remember correctly $42.50

If I may be so bold...

Thanks...
if I remembers correctly $42.50

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I also purchased two U.S. Armament magazines and they have functioned flawlessly in my 1903 32 ACP . Great Job.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Are the U.S. Armament mags and the International Armament Corp mags the same? Who makes them? Are they from different sources?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The same company that owns High Standard owns the new Interarms. They are the manufacturer of the parts assembled into the new Colt 1903. Their magazines, as I described above, and grips are available at interarmstx.com. They are a little cheaper on line than the approx. $45 charged at gun shows, but no doubt shipping will run the price up a little. Regards, Ron

PS They make 380 1908 magazines, I have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts