Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember like it was just yesterday when you could find a decent shooter M1903 for under $400.

Oh. Wait. It was yesterday. Local classified, advertised at $400 and I asked what he would take. Tree-fiddy. Deal

Serial dates to 1915. Has some spots of pitting and bluing loss. Did someone use it for a hammer over the ejection port (looks like it!)? But I didn't have a shooter Model M, and now I do.

Have you found any deals of the 'good ole days' variety lately? Feel free to share!

Pics, enjoy, and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Congrats on a "striking" {pun intended} Colt Model M 1903 Pocket Hammerless !!

Please stop by our dedicated Got Hammerless? thread and share your good fortune with other aficionados...

Link Below:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I'm finding a few face to face, local deals that are really good. Got a 1932 Officers Model for $450 a couple weeks ago, and a nice .22 target rifle for $150. Lots of guns out there, and some people are needing money more than an old item in their house.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
An outstanding bargain on that thing.
Those are the kind of deals that would get me to come out of retirement. Well....not retirement, actually... more like a self-imposed temporary suspension of activity....
The days of cheap (as in 'inexpensive') model Ms have long past.
There ain't nothin' 'cheap' about Colt model Ms.
I love 'em .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It finally stopped raining here in Maine, and I was able to get some more pics in decent natural lighting. I did not wish for the irony to be lost on the hammerless pistol itself being used as a hammer.

Here are a couple of pics from different angles. There are about 15-20 'dents' in the top-center of the slide. The gun was used to hit something or something which was harder/sharper than the slide steel was used to hit the gun.

I have seen butts and grip straps with hammering dents before, but never the slide! Fortunately, the dents did not deform the internal surface, and the slide cycles perfectly.

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
It looks like someone had it in a vise or used channel locks on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts