Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember like it was just yesterday when you could find a decent shooter M1903 for under $400.

Oh. Wait. It was yesterday. Local classified, advertised at $400 and I asked what he would take. Tree-fiddy. Deal

Serial dates to 1915. Has some spots of pitting and bluing loss. Did someone use it for a hammer over the ejection port (looks like it!)? But I didn't have a shooter Model M, and now I do.

Have you found any deals of the 'good ole days' variety lately? Feel free to share!

Pics, enjoy, and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Congrats on a "striking" {pun intended} Colt Model M 1903 Pocket Hammerless !!

Please stop by our dedicated Got Hammerless? thread and share your good fortune with other aficionados...

Link Below:

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I'm finding a few face to face, local deals that are really good. Got a 1932 Officers Model for $450 a couple weeks ago, and a nice .22 target rifle for $150. Lots of guns out there, and some people are needing money more than an old item in their house.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
An outstanding bargain on that thing.
Those are the kind of deals that would get me to come out of retirement. Well....not retirement, actually... more like a self-imposed temporary suspension of activity....
The days of cheap (as in 'inexpensive') model Ms have long past.
There ain't nothin' 'cheap' about Colt model Ms.
I love 'em .

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It finally stopped raining here in Maine, and I was able to get some more pics in decent natural lighting. I did not wish for the irony to be lost on the hammerless pistol itself being used as a hammer.

Here are a couple of pics from different angles. There are about 15-20 'dents' in the top-center of the slide. The gun was used to hit something or something which was harder/sharper than the slide steel was used to hit the gun.

I have seen butts and grip straps with hammering dents before, but never the slide! Fortunately, the dents did not deform the internal surface, and the slide cycles perfectly.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
It looks like someone had it in a vise or used channel locks on it.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Model M 32 SN 173312 and 380 SN 21969 both have the rocking horse rampant Colt and fall into that 1913 mfg range. Sorry for the poor pictures. Gives us collectors additional variations for our quests.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have 18,928... A nice old gun I like a lot... shoots well too...

V/r

Chuck

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't realize he was a Rocking Horse. I always though he was standing on a Flying Saucer. :unsure:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts