Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to show this for awhile, a club I belong to in Hartford, CT had its' 130th anniversary in 2009......when the topic came up of what we should do to memorialize it, I suggested Colt 1911's. We decided on using the 'O1918' edition of the 1911 that had just completed production as a base. We had them numbered HCC1 thru HCC25, finished them in Royal Blue (one in bright nickel), about 15 with ivory (including the nickel one), the rest ordered with walnut with the double diamond checkering pattern. One even shipped with a .22 conversion kit, with the slide done up to match the .45's. We put the club's name and logo of crossed pennants on the left side, and we left the 'property of US government' markings intact, because they are cool.
f.jpg

I think we could have sold 40 or 50 (the club has about 75 members) but since it is not a gun club, and they had never done anything like this before, and I was fronting the money I went conservative and ordered 25...they went very quickly. I took number HCC1.
g.jpg

A really nice looking 1911, but my "skills" taking pictures with an ipad are weak....the Royal Blue finsh is really quite nice.
h.jpg

i.jpg

The guns were made in early 2010. The club just decided last week to make a SAA, same serial numbers, to accompany these 1911s. They will have some special features, probably the coolest is we are going to make them in .45 ACP. The club is the "Hartford Canoe Club" and it is a men's business executive club....log cabin on the banks of the Connecticut River, cigar friendly, a real men's club.....close to downtown Hartford.
-Steve

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I cannot remember the cost, I would have to look......cool sidebar during the process we realized our chef was really into guns....so we added something to the cost of each one, and gave him number 25 as a gift.....he is a good man....Semper Fi, by the way

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it, they were $1,575 each--royal blue, ivory,engraving.....in a group of 25. There was an upcharge for the one in nickel and downcharge for the few without ivory. All in all a very handsome Colt. I am bugging them consistently on keeping the reissue/retro guns coming. Currently pestering them to make 1930's style commercial guns in .45ACP and Super .38. National Match of course. Stay tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts