Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Guy and Ed and anyone else that keeps this circus up and running I just wanted to say thank you. I may not always agree with your decisions but you guys do a great job. Thank you.

It is much appreciated by all of us. And may be that needs to be said more often.

Hope everyone here has a prosperous and safe new year

regards,
Ya.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Amen. Good horse sense! Being a mod is like being a part-time supervisor in that you have to work beside what you may have to chastise. Tough job, and a balancing act. Being active on forums which seem to have zero moderation, it is very nice to have knowledgeable, caring individuals "guiding" the conversation.

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
Thank you for your continued support gentlemen .

I have a few years experience at this line of work and can attest that the quality of membership we have here at Coltforum is the reason for our success . The willingness to share info and downright caring attitude cannot be moderated .

Now ,,, who is this "Ed" person ? :confused:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guy sajer said:
Now, who is this "Ed" person ? :confused:
Hey, I saw a post in the forum signed Ed...just trying to give everyone their due :bang_wall:

Just one "Guy" doing all the work?

·
Administrator
7,290 Posts
Not a moderator but part of the owner's tech staff . There are several . I agree , they deserve credit for working hard to keep the forum lights on .

Reactions: Hopalong

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I must add that this is the best managed site I've ever been on. Everything just works here with a focus on the site's purpose, everyone seems well mannered and gentleman-like, as in decades past. Thank everyone for making this forum what it is!

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I agree with that observation. On the Maryland Shooters website it's a real free-for-all...sometimes over the top (well...often over the top). The Colt Forum is respectful and rarely gets out of hand before the moderators reign things in...and I say this one who has been reigned in on occasion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New here, but have admin'd phpBB style forums in the past with upwards of 5,000 members. All aspects to keep a forum running can be a immense chore, especially with all the different personalities of members. From what I have seen, you guys' definitely do a great job, and have created a excellent community.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts