Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed this, when will it stop? Unfortunately it looks like he is getting a little smarter on some of them... I did contact Colt complaining about all of this fake crap and am waiting a reply. Also Why would you sell a Diamondback 22mag label??? Cant get many orders for those unless they are planning on doing up a bunch of fakes...

Colt Python diamondback Trooper Viper ACE Gold Cup : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
do you now ne thing about colt model 1911 us army stamped?got one that i traded for and dont know if i got screwed or not

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you now ne thing about colt model 1911 us army stamped?got one that i traded for and dont know if i got screwed or not
Start a new thread in the Semi Auto Section with the info of your trade and all the info of your 1911 and I'm sure they will help you. This is what you need to do before posting in various off topic threads all over. This is the second time I've saw this question so far, but I know you are new here. Welcome to the forum. I dont know that much about real old 1911s, sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yea im new and my friend told me to get on here and ask around?he said that someone on here would be able to help me out.sorry man

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im new and my friend told me to get on here and ask around?he said that someone on here would be able to help me out.sorry man
No problem, I can tell you are concerned and excited and wanting info asap. I just noticed you did start a thread, very good. There will be someone to help you before long. If you added a couple of pics, this always gets ALOT of reponses and will give you better better/more info.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The counterfeit "gold foil" type labels are getting better. I picked one up at a show a few weeks ago, and the color match was near perfect. The seller claimed he was having them made in Belgium.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I just asked him why would he have a 22mag DB label made. I'll let you know his reply.
Good luck with that :)....I had sent him a message on GB about a Bankers Special and got a reply that was along the lines of "I'm not an expert on this revolver and selling it for a friend" yada yada and he pulled the ad. I believe mine wasn't the only message he received. I've not messaged him about his fake labels as I'm not buying any labels and while I find his business practice deplorable I really think Colt needs to file a copyright lawsuit against this guy as it's their product he's misrepresenting. Why they haven't been proactive with this guy confuses me but I'm not Colt and can't speak for the why's or wherefor's ;)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Well here ya go! His reply. "Yes Colt did make few ---4 or 5 --"

So my next question is; if Colt made 4 or 5 .22mag Diamondbacks (which I never heard of), why would he print 1000 labels for only 4 or 5 guns in existence :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
"These labels are peel and stick and are blank do you can add your specific serial number data to it and add value to your fine Colt firearm"

How is that not fraud or worse, racketeering?

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone notified Colt bout this ?
Yes, I complained to Colt and got a response stating that they apprecitated me bringing this to their attention and would send all my info to Upper Management. Now everyone that is truely disgusted with this like me needs to call Colt Customer Service or anyone at Colt and complain. If they get enough of their customers complaining, I believe they will have to do something. Please take a couple of minutes of your time and make the call EVERYONE, Thank You!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
^^
i'm guessing that the reason colt has been lax on this issue and lets it slide is because they haven't used labels like that or the boxes that came with them for several years so it's not cutting into their business in any way.

having said that i think that i too will call them and complain about that guy. afterall, a letter to him from colt's lawyer would probably get him to stop and technically it won't cost them anything. just my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
How is that not fraud or worse, racketeering?

IMHO: Some Colt owners have guns in the box, but the label is missing for any number of reasons, and want it replaced. Not for nefarious or illegal, or other perceived reasons. Only because they want a label on their box. For ID reasons if nothing else. As long as when and if they sell it, a repro label is disclosed. Doing so does not quite meet the RICO Act standard.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I thought I read somewhere (and for the life of me I can't remember where) that Colt was preparing to go after some of these counterfieters. If i find it again I'll get a link to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm not so sure Colt has that much of a dog in this hunt. But Gunbroker does if they elect to continue to enable, profit, and be a party to fraud. I have complained to them and encourage others to do likewise. I haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you guys are referring to "The Colt Box Man" in Smyrna, TN. Please correct me if I have the wrong person. There is also a person on e-Bay selling labels and boxes and he, too, is located in Smyrna, TN. Also, the e-Bay guy does not mention anything about his boxes being "repros", either. If you alerted e-Bay that this practice was going on, (and were sure they weren't original boxes), they would immediately ban him from selling. e-Bay won't put up with a willful act of fraud. They make that very plain in their language. If he's the same person and everyone seems to feel the same way about him on this forum, I'd make sure he couldn't post on the forum, too. Or if he insists he has NOS boxes, take him to task. Make him prove it. When he can't, pursue litigation. Now, that being said, There's one gentleman on e-Bay who sells reproduction boxes, but he emphatically states that his items ARE reproductions. His pricing, I feel, is very fair. I purchased a repro box for my 1903, plus his repro hang tag and instructions sheet. It's a neat display. He only charged $1.85 for the tag and $11.95 for the box. What burns me up is that the jerk selling those other boxes does not mention that they are fake and charges $150.00 for a box that he paid a couple of dollars to have made. Labels, too. If he listed them as "reproductions" and brought the price down to a $30.00 price range, I'd be tickled pink and would have no problems purchasing a few boxes from him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts