Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the best of my knowledge, the Diamondback did not ever come with the Goodyear Rubber as standard from the factory.

There were 3 standard styles of wood checkered stocks available on the Diamondback. In a couple of previous posts DB68 Dick did a great job explaining the differences and included photo's. So as not to repeat the whole description, try searching the old posts for Dick's description, if interested.

Note that DB wood stocks came with either the Gold of Silver medallions. Also understand that some Custom Shop DB's had fancy stocks that were not found on a Plane-Jane DB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks,WS23. It was my understanding that all of the three, wood, D-frame, factory D'back stocks were interchangeable. So, I thought my dealer friend was wrong, but maybe not.
He also said there were some factory Goodyears on later 4 and/or 6 inch D'backs, but my question is, if so, were they Pachmayr Presentation grips?
RAMS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did some Diamondback .22s come from the factory with Pachmayr Presentation grips (gold Colt logos), or are such grips strictly after market?

Also, a gun show dealer/friend says that one of the 4 inch Diamondbacks I sold him had standard-looking factory wood stocks which would not fit any of his other Diamondbacks, and that the grip frame was not the problem. I told him to knock off the bourbon and branch he uses to celebrate his high priced thievery, but he swears he is telling the truth. Could he be right?
Thanks,
RAMS

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Colt did produce some 22 Diamondbacks with the black pachmayr grips with colt medallion (silver, I think). From what I gather, they were placed on guns produced after Colt started using the pachmayr grips as a standard factory offering on such guns as the Mark III in the early 1980's. Also there were some Diamondbacks assembled in the early 1990's which used pachmayr grips. These came in the blue plastic box versus the wood grain sleeve with styrofoam. I also seem to remember some of the electroless/coltguard finish diamondbacks coming with the pachmyr grips (again not a cataloged item). All were presentation grips if Colt sold the gun with the grips. I assume you mean "Presentation grips" include a Colt medallion. The pachmayr grips were never a cataloged offering on Diamondbacks.

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 07-04-2005).]

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 07-04-2005).]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, 22-rimfire. That explains it.
The good looking but (for most folks) useless wood stocks now are very high priced, if you can find them at all. Do you, by any chance, know what the factory-issued Pachs with Colt logos are selling for?
Thanks, again.
RAMS

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know what they are selling for. Check the usual places (ebay etc.) I have purchased Pachmayr grips with the colt medallion for Diamondbacks, but not from the factory. I seem to remember these as having a tarnished (bronze) looking Colt medallion on them. I never particularily liked the factory grips and would put a pair of Pachmayrs on since they were cheap and fit my hand well for shooting. Any D-frame Pachmayr's should fit your gun perfectly.

I also have never heard of factory walnut grips (stocks) that did not fit all Diamondbacks whether they were the service style or the target versions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts