Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my enablers showed me a couple of rifles today and an interesting shotgun.

The Winchester 1906 .22 Short will need some TLC (rear sight missing, loose stock,wrong frame screw etc.). But, it functions fine. The bore is a little rough. I should be able to get it for a song in a few weeks when it comes out of pawn. It needs rescuing ang the replacement parts are available and not terribly expensive.

He also has a Remington 141 Gamemaster in .35 Remington. It isn't calling my name as loudly as the .22.

The shotgun is a new pistol gripped Chiappa .410 pump.....well more properly a slide action. The shooter racks the fore end to chamber a shell and releases it. It has an internal spring in the forearm. That would take a LOT of getting used to......

Here's the Charles Daly version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQVTWTSCLI0

That's all the news that is fit to print for now......

Best,
Charles

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Don't you just love enablers like that?

I really like the 35 Remington cartridge and have a couple of rifles, Remington 81 and Marlin Guide Gun.
The Chiappa is interesting but I'm still not sure about those shotgun/pistols.
The Winchester 1906 sounds like a really good "My God it's hot outside" project gun.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Charles, you always find something interesting.
I have two Remingtons in .35, a Model 8 and a Model 14. The 14/141 is a much more enjoyable gun to shoot. You need a good recoil pad with the 8, or you end up good a sore afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts