1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well the writing is on the wall, CZ SAA may very well be in the future. I'm sure CZ will do a fine job that Americans couldn't accomplish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boge

·
Registered
556 Posts
If CZ produces an SAA as high in quality as the Dan Wesson 1911 I own then perhaps it'll all turn out for the best. It seems to me that for a number of years Colt management led the company like a "blind man without a cane walking down steps on a dark and foggy night." I wish them all the best.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The devil is in the detail as they say. Being a Defense Contractor where the vast majority of income is generated USG and FMS Uncle will be a part of this process as well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
CZ will have no interest in carrying on an American tradition, and as in all modern business, will be profit motivated. As BusaDave said, time will tell if the SAA survives.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be noted that CZ currently produces 1911s that are not cheap, either in cost nor in quality.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
"CZ currently produces 1911s that are not cheap, either in cost nor in quality. "

I thought they stopped producing those? Still in production? Where can you find them?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
CZ will have no interest in carrying on an American tradition, and as in all modern business, will be profit motivated. As BusaDave said, time will tell if the SAA survives.
It's impossible to survive without a profit, unless of course you are Federally subsidized like Amtrak. Last I knew a few years back Colt was making approx. 125 SAA's a month. That's not enough to pay the janitorial crew.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Colt I believe is now owned by a hedge fund so I look forward to CZ acquiring Colt. It will be a positive thing for the brand that is currently a mere shadow of it's former self.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So much in the world is changing and this is one i won't like to see...At least one step at a time with all the new changes. I guess we will all find out how it plays out. CZ obviously have big plans for the Colt brand and all we can do for now is speculate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts