Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COLT Trooper MK V NIB nickel Absolute MINT LOOK : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

How could anyone spend that much on a Trooper? That's what I was asking myself right after I pressed the "Buy It Now" button.

I've been watching the price of these guns climb over the past couple of years and thought I'd jump in with both feet. With a relatively short production run of about 2 years I hope these "catch on" even more and the price/collectability continues to rise.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You definately see more pythons than mk v troopers. I may see one or two a year around the dallas area gun shows. I have been feeling the same about them as collector pieces. Nice one!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Based on these prices, we may see a few come out of the woodwork...or better yet those that were put in the safe for $500 and now time to "cash in".
...again, you have probably heard this from me. The kids and grandchildren carry them off faster than I can buy them. Just color me blessed and broke. (grin)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
COLT Trooper MK V NIB nickel Absolute MINT LOOK : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

How could anyone spend that much on a Trooper? That's what I was asking myself right after I pressed the "Buy It Now" button.

I've been watching the price of these guns climb over the past couple of years and thought I'd jump in with both feet. With a relatively short production run of about 2 years I hope these "catch on" even more and the price/collectability continues to rise.
Nice. I love and collect MKV's myself. The MKV production was from '82-'85 (even though some were shipped in early '86 before the strike). That MKV is one of the early ones and has the 1st series "walnut stained' hardwood stocks. The later Trooper MKV's had genuine walnut stocks.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Russ,I would have paid that in a heartbeat if you hadn't beat me to it. I have been looking for that exact NIB gun for a few years. Congrats Amigo

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Congrats Russ. There's a few times that I paid too much only to find out the market would catch up shortly. The big thing is that you bought the gun .... er, converted it from a "His" gun to a "My" gun.

I will you some MK V info.

·
Registered
890 Posts
WOW!!! Love to see these go up like this. I can't really say I am shocked, its a Colt. I bought this one in 1982 to replace my first revolver which was a Trooper Mk III that I foolishly sold. Mine is not NIB. I did shoot it some. Maybe 200 rounds. I did buy it for shooting.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts