Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Here's a question. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I've not, in over 50 years of collecting. Its a Uberti Hartforn model - But I don't think it came with this cylinder.

45-22-1.jpg 45-22-2.jpg 45-22-3.jpg 45-22-4.jpg 45-22-5.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Although this was likely intended for blanks, when I loaded the cylinder with 22 shorts ... here's what it did .... 8 hits out of 18 shots at 50 feet. - -all key-holes - -
The cylinder bore was about 1/8" longer than the case length of a 22 short, with the bullet unsupported into the 45 bore of the cylinder. A very impressive little muzzle flash. A fun addition to my toys.

45-22-7.jpg

45-22-6.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
I believe it was made by Christy back in the 60s. I have one similiar to yours for their 22lr conversion(with barrel) As Starvation said. I believe your was made by them to use 22 blanks for shoot wax bullets. Nice score.

Yes I agree made by or for Great Western. I got a little mixed up thinking about Christy. If you goggle search you will see their adds for gun parts even look the same.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello hwjhfs

Thanks for the reply.

The cylinder I have looks like the Grest Western cylinder described in your reference post, except mine does not have a number, it has the "Colt's Pony" stamped on the back. This Colt symbol was used for replacement cylinders during Colt's SAA non-production years from the late 40's up to 1956. It was also stamped on the second generation cylinders when the SAA was re-introduced in 1956. I've never seen / heard of a original Colt marked cylinder like this.

45-22-4.jpg 45-22-8.jpg

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I do not know what to make of the Trademarked cylinder you have. Unless Colt wanted to get in the competition with Great Western?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts