Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone use a Zeiss Z-Point or other 'Red Dot' sight on either their Python or Diamondback, and if so what mount do you use?
I read some earlier posts on the subject but the replies focussed mainly on what negative impact installing mounts would have on the guns. Both revolvers are shooters and I'm looking to make use of them on the range not to retain or increase their value as collectables.

Paul

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,467 Posts
For the vent ribbed Python and Diamondback the best mount is one that attaches to the vents on the barrel.

I'm not sure who still makes a vent mount these days. There are mounts around that mount into the rear sight cut, BUT they require drilling and tapping holes in the frame.
The preferred mount is a vent mount if you can find one.
B-Square did make a vent mount.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I'll track down the manufacturer and find out if they still make vent-rib mounts. If you wish I'll advise you if they do still make those mounts.

Paul Edwards

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,467 Posts
You might do a Google or Bing search for a Python scope mount.
They turn up now and then on Ebay and the gun auction sites like Gun Broker.
I "thought" that someone still made a Python no-drill mount, but I don't remember who it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.