Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss something? Movie was supposed to take place in 1858 and many of the bad guys were shooting 1860 Henry rifles. Hand guns that I noticed seemed period correct.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Just a small technicality, you weren't supposed to notice like most of the ticket buyers and viewing audience! Kind of like US Cavalry using Model 1892 Winchesters in the 1870's and 1880's!

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Pick any subject, and, the more one knows about it, the more one will find that Hollywood ( or 'the media', or the entertainment/education/media continuum-combines ) will screw it up.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
The present Lone Ranger movie was a little off on their firearm selections and I was telling my in-laws how far off it was and my father in law said "what difference does it make?"....LOL

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Haven't seen it, probably won't. I could tell from the previews I probably wouldn't like it. The last movie I saw in a theater was Open Range and before that Saving Private Ryan, so you see how much I get out. I just never liked spending 6 or 8 or 10 bucks to sit in an uncomfortable seat for 2 hours. My back won't take it. I'm patient and any movie that comes out will eventually be on TV. Nowadays though, there's very few movies I even care to see even for free. As with almost anything you can think of, 'they don't make 'em like they use to'.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love westerns and some of Qs old stuff, but this was pure vomit...shudda know though with Jamie Fox in the movie

·
Registered
931 Posts
It's foolish of me, I suppose...but I do not want to give the likes of "Q" or Jamie Foxx my money. Directors, producers, actors who make ultra violent movies and are against 2A are moronic hypocrites and do not get my money.

Plus the commercials for it looked like pure trash to my eye.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.