Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oyeboten

You have been a member of this forum longer than I have. You have 5x the number of posts that I have. Therefore I'm sure you know the rules. So why you chose to reply in the classified forum three times to the Paterson case I had for sale and offer your comments when you have no interest in buying it, is beyond me. It's called the Banter in the Classifieds Rule :), and here is the link.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/29959-banter-classifieds.html

Now, if you want to discuss the case, let's discuss it here :)

I agree the case is not a 100% authentic copy of a period Paterson pistol case. I even stated so to the individual who was looking for a Paterson case when I directed him to mine that was for sale in the classifieds. My ad also says nothing about it being 100% authentic, but simply that it is a high quality wood case, which it is. My GUESS would be that it was made by Reed and Barton of Massachusetts, an American company in business since 1824. And since the case is fairly "old", about 30 years, it's was probably "Made in the U.S.A." :cool:

If you are not aware, the price of a custom, correct, French fitted Paterson case in very expensive. Forum member George (Steg) had one made and the price was over $1,000 (I seem to remember the figure was more like $1,200). There would probably also be a considerable waiting time for the case to be made and delivered. (I'm having a custom case made for another revolver, not a Paterson, and thus far it's been 10 months and still waiting with a cost of about $700).

So, if you have any further comments or questions about this case you don't want to buy, I will be happy to discuss it here in the Lounge :)

John Gross

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Hi John, all,

Oh! Goodness!

I thought I was posting in the 'Percussion' section...in a Thread having to do with someone who was looking to obtain a Case for their Patterson and it's accessories.

I was having some computer problems, and, when I went back to edit my Posts were gone, and, I figured they had not took or something, so, I just sort of shrugged and moved on.

Very sorry - it was 3-something in the morning, cold here, and, I goofed! I did not realize I had somehow ended up Posting in the 'Classifieds'.

Please pardon me the error.

I will go delete them if they are still there.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Hi John, all,

Again I am very sorry, that was horrible of me to have posted in the "AD" like that!

I had restarted my Computer a time or two ( Freeze-Ups) and, somehow, I ended up being on the Paterson Case "Ad" instead of being on the Paterson Thread in which a Case was being discussed.

I am very embarrassed, and am sorry I barged into your Ad by mistake like that.

Eeeeeesh!

I have deleted my Posts from your Classified Ad column.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.