Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
True story. Years ago. Local gun show. I spied a nickel plated Remington Rand. Like birds and other animals, humans’ eyes are drawn to brightness, bright spots. Guy wanted $1100 for it. I looked at it. The nickel wasn’t bad and all the markings were crisp. Plus, it had the early/rare Type 1 slide. But I put it back down and walked away. Less than 5 minutes later I thought “What are you doing? Buy the gun and worry about the finish later.”

I hurried back and got to the table just in time to see someone else handing over the cash for the gun. The seller put the gun in a wrinkled up old paper bag looked like some schoolboy’s lunch sack. Another one that got away. Sounds silly, doesn’t it. But I’d have bought that gun.

I wouldn’t buy this pistol in the OP for $2K, but I’d offer $1000 for it, and if the seller said no, least I’d have tried to save it. I’d shoot it. Have fun with it. Carry it in the truck with me. Maybe out hiking if I’d established it was reliable.

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Found a seller who is willing to sell his Nickel plated 1911 for a mere $2,000.00. He says he can be had “relative cheap” at his asking price.
View attachment 815706
I didn’t post the other pictures as it would probably make y’all sick.
Must have been Navy issue - I can still see the waves.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I always say that “value” is in the eyes of the buyer. If someone wants to pay $2,000 for that, then it’s “worth it” to them. Most times, the problem is the seller overestimates what it’s worth to others. Then again, I can’t imagine someone paying $12.6 MILLION for a Mickey Mantle baseball card, so..

Unless that’s a Singer underneath that goop (in which case, a lynching is in order), then the seller is probably going to wait a long time for a rube who will pay two grand for that!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts