Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11:00pm: 26 shot to death in Texas church. MyGod... But a civilian grabs his rifle and chases the gunman armed with semi-auto rifle towards his car. Inside the shooter is dead. They're still trying to piece together how he was stopped. If it was the civilian and some think it was, we DO make a difference in death from crazy shooters. They said the perp would have killed many more if not for the civilian (IF he did stop him). One brave man with one gun can give a different ending to the story.

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

The Texas church massacre could have been worse if not for one man - CNN

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
It was confirmed earlier today the nutcase died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Whether he was wounded by the GGWAG (Good Guy With A Gun) I haven't heard as of yet. I do think if it wasn't for the GGWAG the body count would have been higher.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The dirtbag is a coward and is not worth all this attention. Any person who runs into a place of worship and a house with unarmed people who are trying to be at peace for a day and thank their lord for their good health and what ever else doesn't deserve to live for causing death and havoc.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It was confirmed today that the killer was shot twice by the Good Samaritan, which caused him to drop his weapon. Apparently the dirtbag finished himself off when the GS and the good ol' boy pickup driver (who was unarmed) cornered him after he crashed his SUV.

The Good Samaritan is a former NRA firearms instructor.

God Bless Texas, and RIP to all the victims.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
"Every time I heard a shot I knew that that probably represented a life,” he told KHBS-TV. “I was scared to death. I was scared for me. I was scared for every one of them, and I was scared for my own family that just lived less than a block away.”

“I'm no hero,” Willeford insisted. “I think my Lord protected me and gave me the skills to do what needed to be done. And I wish I could've gotten there faster, but I didn't know what was happening.”

The former NRA instructor loaded his rifle and rushed out of his home barefoot to the church across the street where he encountered suspect Devin Kelley, 26, before exchanging gunfire.

Willeford told KHSB he shot Kelley several times as the gunman fled the church in his vehicle.

He eventually came across Johnnie Langendorff, who was driving a pickup truck, and told him, “That guy just shot up the Baptist church. We need to stop him.”

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

No greater love is there than to lay down one's life for a friend. The two heroes risked their lives for those whom they did not know. They instinctively did what is right.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was confirmed earlier today the nutcase died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Whether he was wounded by the GGWAG (Good Guy With A Gun) I haven't heard as of yet. I do think if it wasn't for the GGWAG the body count would have been higher.
I agree completely with you about the good this man did. The shooter did get hit by the man's rifle I read tonight. The man got the shooter away from the Church and into his (the shooter's) car wounded. I read tonight also that townspeople pursued the car into the next county where the killer had an accident.
He must have shot himself then if they say it was suicide. The important thing is he's gone and that the brave townsman got him away from the Church and more murders.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After the Las Vegas massacre, I read an interesting article about what these crazies are trying to do. I always wished they'd shoot themselves first. Why take scores of people with you. Apparently these psychopaths believe they never had any notoriety in life. So rather than just kill themselves, and they do know they'll kill themselves, they decide to go out with a flash of publicity and kill others before they do it to themselves.

Ironically what they don't realize in my view is that normal human beings remember the victims not the killers. Even so shortly after Las Vegas I've forgotten even the name of the shooter, yet I recall well all those being fired on who tried to help others, the wounded, to get out. The scumbag who killed these Churchgoers, including one 5 year old, I'll forget by Thursday. But the brave man who saved life, and all those dead, I'll remember for a long time. So in the end the psychopaths get it wrong. They'll be the forgotten ones. All the fuss, one-second notoriety for nothing, then a meaningless suicide. They are as inept in death as they were in life.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
"Every time I heard a shot I knew that that probably represented a life,” he told KHBS-TV. “I was scared to death. I was scared for me. I was scared for every one of them, and I was scared for my own family that just lived less than a block away.”

“I'm no hero,” Willeford insisted. “I think my Lord protected me and gave me the skills to do what needed to be done. And I wish I could've gotten there faster, but I didn't know what was happening.”

The former NRA instructor loaded his rifle and rushed out of his home barefoot to the church across the street where he encountered suspect Devin Kelley, 26, before exchanging gunfire.

Willeford told KHSB he shot Kelley several times as the gunman fled the church in his vehicle.

He eventually came across Johnnie Langendorff, who was driving a pickup truck, and told him, “That guy just shot up the Baptist church. We need to stop him.”
Stephen Willeford was indeed a hero...Who knows what might have happened next had he not engaged the shooter-coward..whos name does not deserved to be mentioned.
The driver of the pickup also deserves to be recognized. May God bless the victims and their families.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Thank God this armed citizen took assertive action, along with the young truck driver that helped him. They hit the evil wimp in the leg and torso, according to the autopsy report, causing him to limp to his car, and try to run away from assertive, competent and justified force. He was a wife beater, dog beater, and dropout. Didn't deserve to live, nor to hurt another person, but unfortunately his evil was opened up on a worship service of wonderful people. I know where he's sitting now......

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why don't we show the mangled bodies of killers, like we used to in the old West? Maybe that would dissuade a few psychopaths, if they saw their brethren leaned up against a wall with holes in them and a gruesome facial expression. Instead, people planning these things see what they want to see: crying victims, hand wringing police and politicians, and quick blame and gun debates.... Show the idiots with their brains blown out....and let the other freaks think about that a little.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Thank God this armed citizen took assertive action, along with the young truck driver that helped him. They hit the evil wimp in the leg and torso, according to the autopsy report, causing him to limp to his car, and try to run away from assertive, competent and justified force. He was a wife beater, dog beater, and dropout. Didn't deserve to live, nor to hurt another person, but unfortunately his evil was opened up on a worship service of wonderful people. I know where he's sitting now......

I was thinking about this yesterday. Why don't we show the mangled bodies of killers, like we used to in the old West? Maybe that would dissuade a few psychopaths, if they saw their brethren leaned up against a wall with holes in them and a gruesome facial expression. Instead, people planning these things see what they want to see: crying victims, hand wringing police and politicians, and quick blame and gun debates.... Show the idiots with their brains blown out....and let the other freaks think about that a little.
They wont do that since there is censorship on TV which is crazy since all the blood and guts they play in movies. My thinking is they most likely wont show that since there may be a law suit following the act from the dirt bags family and they don't want the pics coming into court for evidence. Just my guess. I would agree that they should show the end result of the sludge of society laying there for all to see what happens to the ill acts against peace loving people. What really is baffling to me is this clown runs into a church kills unarmed families and then he runs like a coward to hide from justice that is to follow. you would think he wanted the notoriety why run stand there and wait for the police to respond. It's what you wanted to make a statement so do it don't run like a scared animal looking for a fox hole to hide in. You did what you did and now it's time to face the music. Cowards is all they are. In their minds they are heroes against unarmed people for what ever cause. From what I read on the internet which the media didn't report was that he was a member of ATIFA. Another organization that people have to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.