Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well your question has prompted me to do a little maintenance on my pony pocketlite, that is the double action only version, i don't know if the slides are the same but here is what i find,
with the slide off the frame, and flipped over, i am looking at the guide rod/spring assy. i push that forward and lift up and it comes out.now i see the barrel and i assume this is where you are having trouble.
i see that if i push it to the rear as you describe i can't lift it straight out, however if i push it to the rear and lift it a little bit then while it is up a little i move it forward then to the rear, then i can lift it out. hope this helps but again i don't know that our slides are the same.
btw the owners manual shows reassembly to be
1)install the guiderod assy. and push it forward.
2)drop the barrel in while holding the rod forward
3)let the rod come back and rest against the barrel lug(?)
good luck hope this helps - Rich

[This message has been edited by rich (edited 11-12-2003).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have acquired a really clean Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380, being a clean freak I immediately field stripped it for cleaning. This leads to my question: I cannot slide the barrel back far enough to lift it out of the slide. Is this normal? Is further dismanteling required to remove the barrel. The rear section of the barrel contacts the firing pin housing before the barrel has slid far enough back to lift out.
Any assistance will be most appreciated.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply Rich, I'll try again over the weekend and see what happens. Thanks again.-----John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pull the slide back about 3/4" to where the rear of the slide lock lever(the lever in front of the left grip) is aligned with the round notch in the slide. You will see the notch on the left side of the slide. Then when its aligned push the pin on the right side of the frame located below the ejection port. The pin is the front of the slide lock lever. If you have the slide aligned as stated above the pin will push easily and you can grasp the slide lock lever and pull it out. The barrel will then slide off the frame. Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok,it was to early in the morning and I misread your problem, Thought you were having trouble getting the slide off the frame. The problem you have is common and if you jiggle the barrel a little it will come out. Also when you replace the recoil spring and guide you may find it does not want to go in. Try turning the spring and it will eventually go right in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it.----John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts