Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade the site on my pocketlite 380 if I have the slide machine to install nite sites how much will this kill the value and can I buy another slide so the original stays stock

·
Registered
737 Posts
Rob, I'm sorry[everyone says so....!]but, I can't answer your question directly. I can ,however,offer some insight from my experience with this very problem.
I'm lucky enough to have two older Mustang PocketLites. When they weren't being made anymore I wanted night sights on one but I didn't want to destroy any value in the guns I had[who knew they would make them again].So,I bought a Sig Sauer P238 with night sights on it. Now that Colt is making the Mustang PocketLite again, I wish I had had night sights put on one of my Colts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Sig. it is an O.K. little pistol, and the sights are very good, but, it doesn't shoot as accurately for me, as the Colts. My Colts are more accurate[a quandry ,'cause they have little bitty sights]they are slightly slimmer , and well...., they are COLTS.I have considered trying to get a 'smith to put Sig night sights on one of my Colts and selling the Sig. Hint: Sig sights should be a good match for the Colt. I don't have any precision measuring tools handy but it looks to me as if the Colts rear dovetail may be a smidge larger than the Sig rear sight. the front on the Colt ,of course,would have to be milled off and a dove tail machined in to fit.I haven't decided yet if I want to do that conversion or just live with what I have. I do hope this helps, NIck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.