Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago, I posted that I had come into possession of a 1935 Colt OP. The gun belonged to a US Customs officer and was marked U.S. Customs and the number 429 on the butt. I was so impressed that I decided I wanted to have this firearm refinished to pass on to one of my grandsons. I know that it isn't very popular to refinish guns, but I wanted to pass this one on in pristine condition along with it's story.
Anyhow, here's a picture of it before and after. The person that refinished it is well known to some of you here, and I think he did a great job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't mind refinish guns, it's yours and you can do with it as you please in my opinion. That's a very nice OP. I'm looking for a 4 inch pre war OP and hope I can find one as nice. A true classic and under rated revolver.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have one marked like this from '36 w/ an A.W.Brill holster. It might be interesting to letter yours as these usually shipped directly to a Customs House (what would be a modern federal buliding) in the part of the country where they served. I have seen them go to New Orleans etc. Mine went to Texas.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I had one OP from the mid-30's some years back, in near-mint condition. It had been a suicide gun, and it sort of creeped me out having it around so I sold it, but for a pretty good price. I'm not sorry I sold it and probably wouldn't have if I hadn't known the story.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts