Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very, very nice. I have several of the various vintages of the Officers Models but certainly nothing approaching that nice. The only bad thing about a gun like that is that you hate like heck to shoot it. Tell you what; I'll trade you my 99% 1953 OM Match .22 for yours and you can shoot mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Colt OMS is great. Too bad you removed it from sale, I was quite interested.

I'm not sure I understand your statement, "The same goes for American automobiles, they just don't make them like this anymore!" If you're implying that vehicles of old were superior in some way however, that simply is not the case. For example, any current American made vehicle exhibits superior ride, handling, fuel economy, occupant comfort, occupant safety performance, and durability compared to anything manufactured previously. I would be glad to discuss off line if you like.

Many mistakenly conclude that the greater deformation resulting from crashes today as compared to say the fifties, is a indication of flimsy and cheaper materials. In reality, it is the result of managing energy to minimize injury. In the old days, the car survived, and the occupant died. Today, it's mostly the other way around.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry wamalo, but I am a high-end 'classic car' & 'muscle car' dealer by trade and I have a huge soft-spot for the classics.

I did not say that they were superior, they simply had CLASS & STYLE that has never been recaptured ~

That is why the Classic Car market is bigger than it's ever been!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry wamalo, but I am a high-end 'classic car' & 'muscle car' dealer by trade and I have a huge soft-spot for the classics.

I did not say that they were superior, they simply had CLASS & STYLE that has never been recaptured ~

That is why the Classic Car market is bigger than it's ever been!
I would never argue with a man that owns a Colt like that...
Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.