Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new member of the family a 1983 SS Colt Python 6". This is my first colt and I must say I love it so much. I have a Smith and Wesson 686 and I thought that action was good lol not even in the same ball park. I traded a brand new Desert Eagle 50ae in bright Nickel finish and a 500 smith and wesson for this Python. I hope I made the right choice. Please let me know yall If I got ripped off. So far I really like this revolver and I cant wait to get another Python maybe a 4" blued. Please leave input about my purchase. phplym3NoPM.jpg phpaD2M9MPM.jpg phpfllELuPM.jpg phpGhUXhwPM.jpg phpgPKkxnPM.jpg

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nope you came out ahead in the trade becasue you got tht python!

That is a $2800 - $3200 dollar gun depending on where you sale it so your ahead on the money end too.

Congrats.. AND please clean that cylinder! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea Im going to hit it with fitz and take all that black off and make it pretty. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wow nice deal on the Python,shame it's been shot so much.When they have been shot that much it stretches the frame and the cylinder gets too much front to back movement.When that happens the only thing you can do with it is sell it to me.:eek: D* P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Lancer

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum Russ, a six inch S S Python is a fine revolver, as all Pythons I have ever encountered are. If I ever traded anything away, I would be happy with the trade you did, any day.

Oh, and it is too late in the transaction to ask if you got "ripped off" at this point. You could get your feelings hurt by someone. In fact, you might not want to pose the same question on a S & W forum. They can not be convinced any revolver is better, or worth more than the S&W and might just plow you, your good feelings, as well as your prize into the dirt, especially if you note one of your Python's attributes is better in any respect, than a 686.

I always felt Colt is the best Colt, and S & W is the best S&W, and, if you do not use and like both, you are missing something when it comes to revolvers.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum!

You might be interested to know that your Stainless Steel Finish Python is a very early example, with solid front and rear sights (soon after your Python was produced Colt made the Red Insert Front and White Outline Rear Sights, standard equipment). I am very fond of a similar Python I purchased from a Forum member last year. Those old school sights on a Stainless Python, look mighty fine.

Best of luck with your polish job, but I think she looks pretty darned nice as is.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow nice deal on the Python,shame it's been shot so much.When they have been shot that much it stretches the frame and the cylinder gets too much front to back movement.When that happens the only thing you can do with it is sell it to me.:eek: D* P.S. Welcome to the forum.
Daryl: You are a shameless dog! lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice man love the wood grips.
Some of the early ones came with wood grips and some did not. Do not know why. I think the wood look better but I think the real large rubber grips feel better on the stainless. Congrats again, your going to love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts