Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got what I've been looking for during the early part of the month. I was hoping for an earlier one, one from the 1950s, but when I saw this 1967 mfg. date, Serial# 44237SA with a Stagecoach Box in close to new condition that had belonged to the seller's late husband since 1992 I jumped on it.
The photos aren't great, but they are the seller's not mine and I don't do well with a camera, so I'll have to live with them for now. The CC are a lot brighter and nicer than the pics show them to be.

Colt SAA 2nd Gen ~ Stagecoach Box ~ 1967 - C.jpg
Colt SAA 2nd Gen ~ Stagecoach Box ~ 1967 - D.jpg
Colt SAA 2nd Gen ~ Stagecoach Box ~ 1967 - F.jpg
Colt SAA 2nd Gen ~ Stagecoach Box ~ 1967 - A.jpg
Colt SAA 2nd Gen ~ Stagecoach Box ~ 1967 - B.jpg

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrast. Looks like you found a dandy. I have been looking for one built in 1969 and can't believe how hard it is to find one. Never mind one with the box.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A cautionary tale to accumulators everywhere - sell them or shoot them. I know it would be easier if we knew our personal expiration dates, but that would bring it's own problems. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Nice case color; no drag line on the cylinder; came in original box!! You have a lot to like about this SAA!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Nice Colt! in 20/ 30 years after shooting it, packing it, camping with it etc- putting some stories and good use on it- yur gonna have a family treasure!

always tell young folks- get the thumbuster now you will be glad you did later on.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
A blued and C/C 2nd Generation SAA with wood stocks is a pretty scarce item. Wilkerson notes in his "Handbook" there were only 227 blued and C/C .45 caliber SAA with 5 1/2: barrel and wood stocks shipped in the Stagecoach box. You have a nice Col;t SAA in great condition with the correct box and paper goodies. Enjoy your Colt.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes the USSMANLOVEDE36 was the ship my Father served on in the Pacific during WW2. Five battle stars IIRC.
Five Battle Stars is a lot of Nasty action, a lot, believe me. Don't need to guess how proud you must be of him. I'd like to think that he's still with us, but there are so few of the world's GREATEST HEROES left, and it's so sad, especially when you consider the types (animals, I call them) that are roaming the streets now and showing so much hatred for the country men like your father saved for future generations. SO SAD!
Best,
J. L.
Here you go. View attachment 703456 When I got it , it was a buntline but not original so I had a 5 1/2" barrel placed on it. I got the 5 1/2" barrel here on the forum.
Wow, That's a really nice one, and you did the right thing when you swapped out the barrels. I'm a sucker for 5.5" barrels: and since the Buntline barrel was not original anyway, me thinks, no harm, no foul. 🤠

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A blued and C/C 2nd Generation SAA with wood stocks is a pretty scarce item. Wilkerson notes in his "Handbook" there were only 227 blued and C/C .45 caliber SAA with 5 1/2: barrel and wood stocks shipped in the Stagecoach box. You have a nice Col;t SAA in great condition with the correct box and paper goodies. Enjoy your Colt.
Colt75
Thanks for that info, makes me feel good to know I have a relatively "scarce" SAA as my first (hope to have a lot more) SAA purchase.
Found the following info on a large internet gun selling site in an ad for a NIB, 2nd Gen. SAA with factory wood, shipped to C. R. Heflin Company, Omaha, Nebraska, as a single gun shipment, December 21, 1961.
"This is one of only about 1400 of the standard production blue and cased SAA revolvers with walnut stocks. It is a .45 Long Colt, with 7.5" barrel, Serial# 35188SA."
Thanks,
J. L. 🤠

1 - 20 of 26 Posts