Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait a minute, wait a minute..... I've been telling everyone my German Legend target pistol was $1200. That's beginning to seem
awfully cheap for a new one as I hear others prices for various P210s. Mine may have been $2200. I'll go look in my paper safe tomorrow for the receipt and post the right price. I just hope I still have the receipt.

Registered
I did some research before I bought my Danish M/49, and the prices will vary quite a bit depending on model. It seems like collectors look at the Legend as a reproduction of sorts, so they sell much cheaper than the early models. Kinda like Pythons from the '50s and the '80s: Same gun, but different.

Registered
The 210 went through several changes over the years. From the original police and military issue to target models to heavy frames and etc. That is the dash number designation and price variations over time. Even tough some improvements were better and some not so much, I prefer the standard sight and military/ police Boarder Guard issue models. Redcat that is a fine pistol for a fine price. They are a bit unique design if you ask me and I like the workmanship of the Swiss.

Reactions: Redcat94 and Joe A.

Administrator
Fwiw , the latest production 210's will be made in the US .

Registered
A little history that I think is relevant. In the mid 1970s, I read gun magazines avidly. Actually up until the Internet age! But back then, a writer talked about an amazing, European 9mm design that was "gray market" in the USA. He wrote that the US Navy Seal Teams used it, and that it was an "inside out" rail system that made it more accurate. It had a DA/SA action, good trigger, and double stack magazine. That gun was the CZ-75, and I had to have one. I started watching the gun shows that only occurred back then once a year in each town, looking for the rare CZ. Finally, I found one, and traded my Ruger No. 1, a good Leupold scope, and if I recall at least a hundred dollars. Basically paying about $700 when in those years a Browning Hi Power was about half that. But I had it, the first on the block! Still do, and it's always been great.

Imagine my surprise when first they started importing them, and then 2-3 companies started making them as clones. What was a rare gun became common. What was an expensive gun became cheap. Over the years I've seen CZ-75s get to around $300 at most gun shows, or about $100 in 1979 money.

The Sig-210 was another Unbelievable! Amazing! Most Accurate! 9mm that was talked about back then. They always remained very expensive, there were no clones and they weren't brought into the USA. Now there are.....let those that have ears, hear.

Registered
I've never had the pleasure of handling a P210...would like to someday. The most accurate 9mm I've ever fired was a H&K P7. While I didn't much care for the squeeze cocking operation, it was a tack driver. I imagine the fixed barrel had a lot to do with that.

Reactions: KMKCOLT

Premium Member
Redcat94:

You did good on your purchase. The Swiss P210's (which haven't been made for over 20 years)
command the highest prices. The U.S. made ones don't compare. They Swiss pistols routinely
go in the $2,500 - $3,000 range everyday. These are the "Plain Jane" ex-military or police models.
Target models, such as the 210-6, go much higher.

That "quality difference" is the opinion of those on the SIG forum who have shot both and
pricing reflects that.

Registered
MY CZ was an example counter than what people say about "guns always go up in value".
If it was a pre-b CZ-75, and it鈥檚 still in great shape, you didn鈥檛 do too bad. The pre-Bs were only made prior to the 1990s, and are somewhat scarce on the ground here.

Registered
It's an early one, with the painted finish, and no importer marks. I had shot and carried it a lot back in the 1990s, but never used it in a match. Last year I took it to a IPSC style match, which I haven't shot in close to 20 years. During the match, the younger guys all had Glocks and guns with optical sights. Some wives were there shooting. I was surprised that several had jams and problems, though they certainly had practiced shooting fast. I hadn't shot the gun in about 10 years. I did pretty well, and no jams. I heard a few people talking behind me on one stage, "what is that gun he's shooting?" "It's a CZ-75, too expensive for me..." I've always been happy with it. Accurate, and never a problem.

I'd like a P-210 also, it has the rail design the Czechs used in the CZ. And the toggle link too, it looks like. Other features are more like a Browning. It has a very nice double action pull, and can be carried cocked and locked for a single action first shot. None of that Lawyer inspired "hammer lowering lever" stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts