Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm a computer dummy, I can't post pictures; however, a member of another forum posted photos of two of my guns. One is a Sig 220, issued NIB, in `85 when I was forced, kicking and screaming, to transition to an auto.

The second is my Python, bought NIB, forty years ago this month and carried as a duty gun for twenty years. (It was re-blued in `85.)

Here's the site if anybody is interested:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/viewtopic.php?t=99609

What appears to be a line on the left side, below the cylinder release, is a reflection that I did not notice until after I'd e-mailed the photo to Nine, the poster.

I paid $100 for it because Colt gave a $25 discount to LEO's. Recently, some guy offered to pay me double what I paid! No, it is not for sale,

John

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the site if anybody is interested:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/viewtopic.php?t=99609

[/ QUOTE ]

John, The website can't be opened. It requires a username and password.

[ QUOTE ]
I paid $100 for it because Colt gave a $25 discount to LEO's. Recently, some guy offered to pay me double what I paid!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever do sell it your returns will beat the S&P 500. Your a wise man to have turned down the 'double your money' offer.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
It seems that one could register if one wished and then log in to see the Python. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Or......you can let me do it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif These are JCM298's pics.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A1A,

Thank you very much.

The grips are Mustangs which I put on last year. I still have the original grips,

John

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pricewise I have you beat. I bought my snake in 1962 SN 243XX, got it, a BHP and a Randall #14 knife to take overseas. Paid $95.50 for the Python, $87.50 for the BHP and $103.00 for the knife. Still got em all. Had the Python refinished in 75(the jungle was hard on it), and had the BHP reworked by Novak last year. Sharpened the knife myself.
Two of the best guns ever built, in two of the best cartridges. I'll post pix if I can figure out how.

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
A1A,

Thank you very much.

The grips are Mustangs which I put on last year. I still have the original grips,

John

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY nice looking pistol ya got there......I like the grips.

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts