Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

The three guns, that followed me home, today, are as follows:

1)A NIB, Colt Officer's Model Special(With Box)!

2)A NIB, condition(But no box)Model, Colt 357(Four-inch barrel)that has been "Beautifully" engraved(Truely nice)!

3)A Colt, Diamondback, .22 caliber(With a four-inch barrel)Blued! Near, NIB condition(Very lightly, fired)but, looks like a "Safe Queen"!

I must give alot of the credit, to the folk's on this forum, who helped me greatly, in deciding upon buying the above Colt's(But, this literally, ate-up, my Bank Account!)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,971 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

Everybody thinks that colts eat oats, but Colts with a capital "C" eat money, but my oh my, they are so nice to have and shoot at the range and onlookers always admire a Colt, especially if the marque type starts with a "P" or a "D".

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT HANG ONTO ONE GUN,
JUST IN CASE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

Pictures of the engraved .357 are hereby required forthwith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

BulletBob:

Yes, I will take some pictures, of the "Engraved" Colt 357! The only problem, is that I might need to get one of the "Experienced" Colt, forum members, to help this "Inexperienced" computer user, to get these pictures posted here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

Comgratulations! Now, you realize, everyone's favorite gun is the NEXT one they're going to get, don't you! 10 rings to you, Colt38!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,467 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

What chambering is the OMS?

How can a gun be NIB with no box? I suspect the engraving on the "357" is not factory, thus it cannot be considered "New" or "100%" by collector definition. If not factory, it is a modified gun and of no collector value, except to those who like non-factory embellished guns. However, if you are a fan of non-factory embellished guns (which seems unlikely with all the "investment" questions), then collector value means nothing and you will enjoy it for what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

I have to go along with JudgeColt, if it's not Factory engraved it has to be a more or less re-finished gun, if the engraving was done by an "unknown" engraver and is nice but just so-so you may as well just shoot it as it has no real gun collector value as it's not original as Mfg. I know some "collectors" buy stuff like this and seem to be more interested in the art work than the gun itself, if that's where your at ( art work ) fine, but if your interested in art work as "investments" you may be better off with oil paintings. If your interested in guns for what they are, and trying to build a "Gun collection" try not to buy guns that have been modified like this as it can not even be restored to look like an original item. Of course if it's Factory engraved you now have a great gun to start off your collection.
IP



<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JudgeColt:
What chambering is the OMS?

How can a gun be NIB with no box? I suspect the engraving on the "357" is not factory, thus it cannot be considered "New" or "100%" by collector definition. If not factory, it is a modified gun and of no collector value, except to those who like non-factory embellished guns. However, if you are a fan of non-factory embellished guns (which seems unlikely with all the "investment" questions), then collector value means nothing and you will enjoy it for what it is.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colt38:
BulletBob:

Yes, I will take some pictures, of the "Engraved" Colt 357! The only problem, is that I might need to get one of the "Experienced" Colt, forum members, to help this "Inexperienced" computer user, to get these pictures posted here?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can e-mail pix to me, I'll be happy to post them. (I'm eager to see!)

-- MS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

JudgeColt:

1)The OMS chambering, is in .38 Special.

2)What I mean't(Regarding the Colt 357)being NIB(Without the box)was that this gun, appears just like a new gun(As if Colt, would have built it!)even with the engraving!

3)No, I'm not a "Fan" of non-factory, engraved guns! And, I could never be satisfied with any gun, that didn't(At least!)look like it was a factory built(And/or)engraved gun! IMHO, who ever did the engraving(If not by Colt?)sure did the job, good enough, to virtually, pass for a factory engraving(To the naked eye)! In fact, I have never been attracted, to "Engraved" guns, before I discovered this Colt 357! I will leave it to you forum members, to judge the "Beauty" of this gun(Once the pictures of it, has been posted, here on this forum!)? I'm not an "Expert" at taking pictures(But, I'm going to try my very best, to take some "Worthy" pictures of this Colt 357!)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Re: My Bank Account, Got \"Eaten\" today(But, 3 Colt guns followed me home)!

Colt38,
I understand what you meain about it looking like a new gun but, if it was after market engraving, done a few years ago and not shot much, if at all, it would look like new as it would have been "refinished" after it was engraved. Hope it's Factory but the only way to know for sure is to call Colt as even engravers have been known to "fake" or copy Factory engraving.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colt38:
JudgeColt:

1)The OMS chambering, is in .38 Special.

2)What I mean't(Regarding the Colt 357)being NIB(Without the box)was that this gun, appears just like a new gun(As if Colt, would have built it!)even with the engraving!

3)No, I'm not a "Fan" of non-factory, engraved guns! And, I could never be satisfied with any gun, that didn't(At least!)look like it was a factory built(And/or)engraved gun! IMHO, who ever did the engraving(If not by Colt?)sure did the job, good enough, to virtually, pass for a factory engraving(To the naked eye)! In fact, I have never been attracted, to "Engraved" guns, before I discovered this Colt 357! I will leave it to you forum members, to judge the "Beauty" of this gun(Once the pictures of it, has been posted, here on this forum!)? I'm not an "Expert" at taking pictures(But, I'm going to try my very best, to take some "Worthy" pictures of this Colt 357!)?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 04-06-2004).]
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top