Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Isn't that interesting!

How cool...

I wonder if it may once have had Carved/Engraved Stocks also?

I hope Colt had ordered an Ivor Johnson, and had the Rampant Colt incorporated into an Engraving motif, just for fun, as well!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
A very interesting and rare piece. Thanks for posting.

In the mid or late 1950s, Iver Johnson took an HK 7.62 Nato rifle they got from the company (the rifle eventually became the famous HK G-3) , ground off the HK information , and stamped it Iver Johnson, etal, and submitted the rifle to the Army for the new service rifle trials that was won by the Springfield Armory designed weapon that became the M-14. I always thought that was kind of cheesy.

This gun is definitely not cheesy! :cool:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Thank you so much for posting those keen photos! The engraving style goes well with the Bankers' Special the the owl head is a whimisical touch. I always love seening Bankers'Special revolvers featured here on the Forum and this one is a special favorite. I wonder what in the world someone at Iver Johnson was thinking when that one was ordered.

·
Premium Member
21,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I should have a set of "Owl Head" grips fitted to the pistol. That would be amusing. I suppose the gun was either engraved by a I-J person or engraved later due to where it was shipped. Anyway, I really love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts