Colt Forum banner

My basic training clone.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ArmyGeneral 
#1 · (Edited)
It was about 44 ago now. (Dang!)
I have 1 picture of me holding my rifle so I did the best I could as far as matching.
My rifle was a mix of models.
I do remember I had a 3 prong flash hider because mine was the only rifle with one in the whole company.
That made it real easy to find it on the rifle rack!!

Update:
So it's been a few years. LOL!
Since this post I've added some to my herd.
Just wanted to add these two pics.

Gun Airsoft Tree Airsoft gun Air gun

Soldier Uniform Military Military uniform Army

Original factory painted Springfield Armory set of furniture.
The set had been on the this guys shelf for years.
I've been running these since I got them.
Hard to go back to black.
Payed a fair price I thought. Original shipping receipt included.
I haven't seen a set since anywhere.
I'll have to dig up the invoice and post it another day.
See ya!
Gun Firearm Rifle Airsoft Trigger

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I am with you, the M-14 rocks, I qualified expert with one in 1968 basic training at ft benning Georgia!! it was amazing how I could reach out at very long range with it. I could crawl through the mud with it and it would never stop operating. I used to take it in the shower to start cleaning it, wash all the mud out and then do the normal cleaning.

#7 ·
mine had the straight 20 rd mag and all fiberglass stock. some we used still had the wood stock and plastic upper hand guard. I never got to shoot it full auto. I shoot lefty, and my right wrist stayed burned from the hot shell casings landing on my wrist!! they would catch on the cuff of my shirt and stick to my skin!! WHEW, not pleasant at all.

#8 ·
Well, thrash me fer syain, but the BEST battle rifle I've shot was the M1 Garand. I qualified with one while in the Army Reserve unit. When we got the new M16 I thought what the hell is this! Real battle rifles have wood stocks! Now, I own both. I have a Colt Match H-Bar, Kreiger barrel & trigger. I shot 347 in a DCM match several years ago with it. I shoot silhouettes with the M1 and just plink with my Bud's M14. Then I go to the chiropractor, after the M14 on FA. Fun was had by all! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.